Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange backup problem

Strange backup problem

TT

ve just had to reinstall XP, and have reinstalled Microsoft Office 97
in my Dell 2400.
But a strange thing happens when I open some Word files I get the
message

"... (file).doc is being used...Do you want to make a copy?"

I've had a problem before whith this where I had to go into the
preferences of each backed up Word folder and change Read only-- to
unclicked.

The strangest thing is, whenever I unclick a folder, it becomes clicked
again with a gray click every time. It seems I cannot unclick the
folder.

Some Word files are ok, some come up with this starnge message. But
otherwise work OK. If I try to type in the Word file, without
cancelling the request box, it asks me if i want to make a copy.

Any clues?

Thanks