Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > archos juke box

archos juke box

tsnagarajan@gmail.com

hi:

in 2003 i bought a archos jukebox studio10 with 10gb memory.it has been
working well till last week.I do not get any display.i have 6gb of my
photos and music.

i wrote to the manufaturer who promptly replied that they nolonger have
any spares.they do not want to suggest any way out.

what do i do? is there anyway i can recover my valuable data?

any suggestion is welcome.

nagarajan(tsn)

Toolman Tim

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> hi:
>
> in 2003 i bought a archos jukebox studio10 with 10gb memory.it has been
> working well till last week.I do not get any display.i have 6gb of my
> photos and music.
>
> i wrote to the manufaturer who promptly replied that they nolonger have
> any spares.they do not want to suggest any way out.
>
> what do i do? is there anyway i can recover my valuable data?
>
> any suggestion is welcome.

Ah! Another reason to stay with 'mainstream' brands. Oh well.

Does that model have USB hookups? If you plug it in to your PC, can't you
copy the memory from the Jukebox to your PC folders? Or is it not powering
on at all? You really haven't described your problem very well, now have
you.

old jon

news:iIcye.8665$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> hi:
>>
>> in 2003 i bought a archos jukebox studio10 with 10gb memory.it has been
>> working well till last week.I do not get any display.i have 6gb of my
>> photos and music.
>>
>> i wrote to the manufaturer who promptly replied that they nolonger have
>> any spares.they do not want to suggest any way out.
>>
>> what do i do? is there anyway i can recover my valuable data?
>>
>> any suggestion is welcome.
>>

> Ah! Another reason to stay with 'mainstream' brands. Oh well.
>
> Does that model have USB hookups? If you plug it in to your PC, can't you
> copy the memory from the Jukebox to your PC folders? Or is it not powering
> on at all? You really haven't described your problem very well, now have
> you.

Come on TT, someone`s got to have a guess. It might as well be you. <g>.

Toolman Tim

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news5dye.17784$(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:iIcye.8665$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>> hi:
>>>
>>> in 2003 i bought a archos jukebox studio10 with 10gb memory.it has been
>>> working well till last week.I do not get any display.i have 6gb of my
>>> photos and music.
>>>
>>> i wrote to the manufaturer who promptly replied that they nolonger have
>>> any spares.they do not want to suggest any way out.
>>>
>>> what do i do? is there anyway i can recover my valuable data?
>>>
>>> any suggestion is welcome.
>>>

>> Ah! Another reason to stay with 'mainstream' brands. Oh well.
>>
>> Does that model have USB hookups? If you plug it in to your PC, can't you
>> copy the memory from the Jukebox to your PC folders? Or is it not
>> powering on at all? You really haven't described your problem very well,
>> now have you.
>>

> Come on TT, someone`s got to have a guess. It might as well be you. <g>.

Hee hee! "I do not get any display." That just about means nada, doesn't it?
My guess is the unit needs new batteries.

tsnagarajan@gmail.com

hi thanks for the response.
it has a usb hook up.there is no power coming from the juke box.
as such it is not reflected on the my computer page.
i do not mind opening the box to replace the batteries.
but the problem is that comp usa has no batteries for this box.plus if
it does not work after the replacement i will be stuck up.
i expected a positive response from the manufacturer.i wrote to them
that i do not want a replacement i want them to help me to reover my
data.

tsn