Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Emails and Outlook Express

Emails and Outlook Express

Mike Easter

Alasdair Baxter wrote:
> My computer has crashed and I want to recover the emails which I
> downloaded and are in my Outlook Express "Inbox" folder. Can someone
> please tell me where they are located on the hard drive?

http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#storemain How OE stores files on
your hard disk

They're inside a GUID folder in other folders which has a 32 char hex
number with 4 hyphens and the file's name is inbox.dbx -- so you can
search on that.

I think WinXP marks them as hidden, so you have to enable viewing hidden
files if you are XP.

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:08:56 -0700

Voluntary clock police report.

That stamp sez your system clock was 22:08 UTC when you posted your
message, but currently it is only 14:33 UTC, so your clock is set for
the future.

It is advisable to set your clock to present time.

--
Mike Easter

Fred is back

Alasdair Baxter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My computer has crashed and I want to recover the emails which I
> downloaded and are in my Outlook Express "Inbox" folder.

Tell me about your other needs.

> Can someone please tell me where they are located on the hard drive?

Why should I tell you where they are located on the hard drive?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On "Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Alasdair Baxter wrote:
|>Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:08:56 -0700
|>
|>Voluntary clock police report.
|>
|>That stamp sez your system clock was 22:08 UTC when you posted your
|>message, but currently it is only 14:33 UTC, so your clock is set for
|>the future.
|>
|>It is advisable to set your clock to present time.

All your base are belong to us.

Dave Lear

"Alasdair Baxter" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)

> My computer has crashed and I want to recover the emails which
> I downloaded and are in my Outlook Express "Inbox" folder. Can
> someone please tell me where they are located on the hard drive?

Whilst you're fixing Outlook Express could you also correct your clock?

Alasdair Baxter