Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Newsgroup Messages

Newsgroup Messages

hi group, I'm new to newsgroups, and today I noticed something weird. I use
newsgruops in Outlook Express and I sent a post in yesterday, and I got only
1 reply the next day, however, when I went into google and looked at the
group there were 4 replies, and my Outlook newsgroups were still the same. I
noticed this with all my newsgroups. Is this because of my newsgroup server?
If so, can anyone recomend a good free server. thanks for any help!
mosh

WormWood

<mosh> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi group, I'm new to newsgroups, and today I noticed something weird.
> I use newsgruops in Outlook Express and I sent a post in yesterday,
> and I got only 1 reply the next day, however, when I went into google
> and looked at the group there were 4 replies, and my Outlook
> newsgroups were still the same. I noticed this with all my newsgroups.
> Is this because of my newsgroup server? If so, can anyone recomend a
> good free server. thanks for any help!
> mosh

Your server isn't picking up on your messages at all times. Sorry, I'm
limited in knowledge of better news servers since I'v only ever used my
isps' offerings so I'm not qualified to make recommendations. You could
google for some prospects.

uh Clem

With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:53:30 +1000,
<mosh> mumbled:

>hi group, I'm new to newsgroups, and today I noticed something weird. I use
>newsgruops in Outlook Express and I sent a post in yesterday, and I got only
>1 reply the next day, however, when I went into google and looked at the
>group there were 4 replies, and my Outlook newsgroups were still the same. I
>noticed this with all my newsgroups. Is this because of my newsgroup server?
>If so, can anyone recomend a good free server. thanks for any help!
>mosh

This might help.

http://freenews.maxbaud.net/

Blinky the Shark

<mosh> wrote:

> hi group, I'm new to newsgroups, and today I noticed something weird. I use
> newsgruops in Outlook Express and I sent a post in yesterday, and I got only
> 1 reply the next day, however, when I went into google and looked at the
> group there were 4 replies, and my Outlook newsgroups were still the same. I

Outlook? Outlook Express? Make up your mind.

> noticed this with all my newsgroups. Is this because of my newsgroup server?
> If so, can anyone recomend a good free server. thanks for any help!

You're probably using your ISP's server, and ISPs usually have for-****
news servers.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

"uh Clem" <(E-Mail Removed)_CHEESE_LOG > wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:53:30 +1000,
> <mosh> mumbled:
>
>>hi group, I'm new to newsgroups, and today I noticed something weird. I
>>use
>>newsgruops in Outlook Express and I sent a post in yesterday, and I got
>>only
>>1 reply the next day, however, when I went into google and looked at the
>>group there were 4 replies, and my Outlook newsgroups were still the same.
>>noticed this with all my newsgroups. Is this because of my newsgroup
>>server?
>>If so, can anyone recomend a good free server. thanks for any help!
>>mosh
>>

> This might help.
>
> http://freenews.maxbaud.net/

thanks! I found a new server = freenews.netfront.net
working sweetly! cheers.