Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > reading attache catapult data files

reading attache catapult data files

J-McC

I need to read some Attache Catapult data files. I have looked at
them but I am not sure what the basic database program is. I dont
think it is dataflex as it does not have millions of xxxx.k1 xxxx.k2
etc. The index files have .idx extn, the data files have .dat
extension. The data files do not appear to have header info (like
dbase) info. Some of the files have .spf extensions.
I really want to import the info into excel.
Any help thanks http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) or
(E-Mail Removed)

Blinky the Shark

J-McC wrote:
> I need to read some Attache Catapult data files. I have looked at
> them but I am not sure what the basic database program is. I dont
> think it is dataflex as it does not have millions of xxxx.k1 xxxx.k2
> etc. The index files have .idx extn, the data files have .dat
> extension. The data files do not appear to have header info (like
> dbase) info. Some of the files have .spf extensions.
> I really want to import the info into excel.
> Any help thanks (E-Mail Removed) or
> (E-Mail Removed)

Might want to look for a util to dump the .dats as text files. In
moving stuff from Access to MySQL, I found a bunch of converters with
names like access2sql, access2text, and so on. Granted, "Attache
Catapult" probably isn't encountered very often in the real world, like
Access would be, but it's worth a shot. Also Google some combinations
like (quotes indicate keyPHRASESP):

"database conversion" catapult

and that kind of thing.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

J-McC

Thanks for the Help.
I had a quick look at google, I should have thought about it first.!
When I was working on some dataflex files I found that the database
field info was stored in a form file in a different folder!
J-McC