Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > the notification tray

Reply
Thread Tools

the notification tray

 
 
R
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2005
hello
I have an icon in my tray that sometimes says it is from
mail.auracom.billing. Other times it says it is from
205-208-208-161.ispbilling .com. I hate the *(*&^() thing and would like to
know where I can go to edit this tray. I have searched high and low without
success. Can anyone help? Please reply to group.
R




---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0526-3, 06/30/2005
Tested on: 7/1/2005 11:31:51 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2005
On "R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>hello
|>I have an icon in my tray that sometimes says it is from
|>mail.auracom.billing. Other times it says it is from
|>205-208-208-161.ispbilling .com. I hate the *(*&^() thing and would like to
|>know where I can go to edit this tray. I have searched high and low without
|>success. Can anyone help? Please reply to group.

Download and run Process Explorer
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html

Click on each process then go to the menu Process > google
and read what it is. When one show's up that relates to this icon
disable it.
--
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
R
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2005
Thanks,
That was fast.
R

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On "R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |>hello
> |>I have an icon in my tray that sometimes says it is from
> |>mail.auracom.billing. Other times it says it is from
> |>205-208-208-161.ispbilling .com. I hate the *(*&^() thing and would like
> to
> |>know where I can go to edit this tray. I have searched high and low
> without
> |>success. Can anyone help? Please reply to group.
>
> Download and run Process Explorer
> http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html
>
> Click on each process then go to the menu Process > google
> and read what it is. When one show's up that relates to this icon
> disable it.
> --
> I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.
>
>
> ---
> avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
> Virus Database (VPS): 0526-3, 06/30/2005
> Tested on: 7/1/2005 12:30:07 PM
> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
> http://www.avast.com
>
>
>





---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0526-3, 06/30/2005
Tested on: 7/1/2005 12:31:50 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com



 
Reply With Quote
 
uh Clem
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2005
With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:51:21 -0700,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) mumbled:

>On "R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>|>hello
>|>I have an icon in my tray that sometimes says it is from
>|>mail.auracom.billing. Other times it says it is from
>|>205-208-208-161.ispbilling .com. I hate the *(*&^() thing and would like to
>|>know where I can go to edit this tray. I have searched high and low without
>|>success. Can anyone help? Please reply to group.
>
>Download and run Process Explorer
>http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html



That's a very cool program. Is there a similar one for Winders 98?
>
>Click on each process then go to the menu Process > google
>and read what it is. When one show's up that relates to this icon
>disable it.


 
Reply With Quote
 
uh Clem
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2005
With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Fri, 01 Jul 2005 17:10:37 -0400,
uh Clem <(E-Mail Removed)_CHEESE_LOG > mumbled:

<snip>
>>
>>Download and run Process Explorer
>>http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html

>
>
>That's a very cool program. Is there a similar one for Winders 98?
>>


Oh...silly me!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2005
On uh Clem <(E-Mail Removed)_CHEESE_LOG > wrote:

|>With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:51:21 -0700,
|>(E-Mail Removed) mumbled:
|>
|>>On "R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
|>>
|>>|>hello
|>>|>I have an icon in my tray that sometimes says it is from
|>>|>mail.auracom.billing. Other times it says it is from
|>>|>205-208-208-161.ispbilling .com. I hate the *(*&^() thing and would like to
|>>|>know where I can go to edit this tray. I have searched high and low without
|>>|>success. Can anyone help? Please reply to group.
|>>
|>>Download and run Process Explorer
|>>http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html


|>That's a very cool program. Is there a similar one for Winders 98?

As you found yes there is, it's the same program in fact. It's just
not as good under 98 as it is with an NT system; very limited under
98.


|>>Click on each process then go to the menu Process > google
|>>and read what it is. When one show's up that relates to this icon
|>>disable it.

--
http://www.newscientistspace.com/art...mg18524911.600
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Displaying text in System Tray/Notification Area s.storrow@gmail.com C++ 2 02-28-2007 12:47 PM
A System Tray Issue ( For some reason nothing but the date shows up in my system tray) Jer Computer Support 7 01-28-2007 07:48 AM
Losing quick launch tray and system tray golfer1029 Software 2 07-27-2006 10:24 AM
problem of notification over system tray balu ASP .Net 1 12-18-2004 06:25 PM
Solution for Connection Icon not showing in notification tray even if you're connected and have the option to show enabled Black Baptist Computer Support 0 01-17-2004 02:50 AM



Advertisments