Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re Limewire

Re Limewire

Pat

Kaz and old jon very kindly helped and advised me with the downloading of
Limewire. Thanks a lot for your help. I have downloaded it and all is
working well. Just one slight problem. During the download process a message
came up saying 'Downloaded to c:\Documents and Settings\Kalvert\Shared'. I
assumed I would be able to find the music after download is complete in my
music folder, but I can't. If I click on Library on Limewire, the downloaded
music is there and I can still copy it ok. But I was wondering if there is
any way I can move it to my music folder. Thanks again for all your help.
The program is brilliant.

Sly

look in the shared folder, c:\Documents and Settings\Kalvert\Shared' its all
there, i usually make a shortcut to the shared in a convenient spot so i can
access it faster
"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:da3cun$tre$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kaz and old jon very kindly helped and advised me with the downloading of
> Limewire. Thanks a lot for your help. I have downloaded it and all is
> working well. Just one slight problem. During the download process a

message
> came up saying 'Downloaded to c:\Documents and Settings\Kalvert\Shared'. I
> assumed I would be able to find the music after download is complete in my
> music folder, but I can't. If I click on Library on Limewire, the

downloaded
> music is there and I can still copy it ok. But I was wondering if there is
> any way I can move it to my music folder. Thanks again for all your help.
> The program is brilliant.

Sly

usually by default, limewire puts all files into c: windows shared, so if
thats your case, create a shortcut to it for easy access

"Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> look in the shared folder, c:\Documents and Settings\Kalvert\Shared' its

all
> there, i usually make a shortcut to the shared in a convenient spot so i

can
> access it faster
> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:da3cun$tre$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Kaz and old jon very kindly helped and advised me with the downloading

of
> > Limewire. Thanks a lot for your help. I have downloaded it and all is
> > working well. Just one slight problem. During the download process a

> message
> > came up saying 'Downloaded to c:\Documents and Settings\Kalvert\Shared'.

> > assumed I would be able to find the music after download is complete in

my
> > music folder, but I can't. If I click on Library on Limewire, the

> downloaded
> > music is there and I can still copy it ok. But I was wondering if there

is
> > any way I can move it to my music folder. Thanks again for all your

help.
> > The program is brilliant.

Pat

Thanks for that. I have found it now and made a short cut. Is there any way
that I can change it from the shared folder to my music folder.

> usually by default, limewire puts all files into c: windows shared, so if
> thats your case, create a shortcut to it for easy access
>
> "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> look in the shared folder, c:\Documents and Settings\Kalvert\Shared' its

> all
>> there, i usually make a shortcut to the shared in a convenient spot so i

> can
>> access it faster
>> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:da3cun$tre$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Kaz and old jon very kindly helped and advised me with the downloading

> of
>> > Limewire. Thanks a lot for your help. I have downloaded it and all is
>> > working well. Just one slight problem. During the download process a

>> message
>> > came up saying 'Downloaded to c:\Documents and
>> > Settings\Kalvert\Shared'.

>> > assumed I would be able to find the music after download is complete in

> my
>> > music folder, but I can't. If I click on Library on Limewire, the

>> downloaded
>> > music is there and I can still copy it ok. But I was wondering if there

> is
>> > any way I can move it to my music folder. Thanks again for all your

> help.
>> > The program is brilliant.

Sly

copy and past the files or move the files in the shared folder to a
destination of your choice

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:da3e0o$mum$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for that. I have found it now and made a short cut. Is there any

way
> that I can change it from the shared folder to my music folder.
>
> "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > usually by default, limewire puts all files into c: windows shared, so

if
> > thats your case, create a shortcut to it for easy access
> >
> > "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> look in the shared folder, c:\Documents and Settings\Kalvert\Shared'

its
> > all
> >> there, i usually make a shortcut to the shared in a convenient spot so

> > can
> >> access it faster
> >> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:da3cun$tre$(E-Mail Removed)...

downloading
> > of
> >> message

in
> > my
> >> downloaded

there
> > is

> > help.

Pat

Thanks for your help. All sorted.

> copy and past the files or move the files in the shared folder to a
> destination of your choice
>
> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:da3e0o$mum$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks for that. I have found it now and made a short cut. Is there any

> way
>> that I can change it from the shared folder to my music folder.
>>
>> "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > usually by default, limewire puts all files into c: windows shared, so

> if
>> > thats your case, create a shortcut to it for easy access
>> >
>> > "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> its
>> > all

>> > can

> downloading
>> > of

> in
>> > my

> there
>> > is
>> > help.

Pat

Have just found that I cannot delete anything in Limewire Library. It says
'cannot delete as it maybe used by another file'. Sorry, but it's going to
take me a while to get used to the program.

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:da3eqt$qh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your help. All sorted.
>
> "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> copy and past the files or move the files in the shared folder to a
>> destination of your choice
>>
>> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:da3e0o$mum$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks for that. I have found it now and made a short cut. Is there any

>> way
>>> that I can change it from the shared folder to my music folder.
>>>
>>> "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> if

>> its

>> downloading

>> in

>> there

Sly

when limewire is running, as in connected, it shares files with others, if
someone is currently uploading or downloading from you then the file cannot
be deleted, hit disconnect and it stops them, now you can delete, or just
close the limewire program, and you can delete

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:da3f6l$nrg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have just found that I cannot delete anything in Limewire Library. It says
> 'cannot delete as it maybe used by another file'. Sorry, but it's going to
> take me a while to get used to the program.
>
> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:da3eqt$qh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks for your help. All sorted.
> >
> > "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> copy and past the files or move the files in the shared folder to a
> >> destination of your choice
> >>
> >> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:da3e0o$mum$(E-Mail Removed)...

any
> >> way

so
> >> if

Settings\Kalvert\Shared'
> >> its
> >> downloading

all

process
> >> in
> >> there

your

Sly

also, if you wanna be a jerk, you can limit uploads from you to a very low
number or stop uploads completely, to stop them, go to
tools/options/uploads/slots, to disconnect limewire from the net, hit
file/disconnect

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:da3f6l$nrg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have just found that I cannot delete anything in Limewire Library. It says
> 'cannot delete as it maybe used by another file'. Sorry, but it's going to
> take me a while to get used to the program.
>
> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:da3eqt$qh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks for your help. All sorted.
> >
> > "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> copy and past the files or move the files in the shared folder to a
> >> destination of your choice
> >>
> >> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:da3e0o$mum$(E-Mail Removed)...

any
> >> way

so
> >> if

Settings\Kalvert\Shared'
> >> its
> >> downloading

all

process
> >> in
> >> there

your

old jon

Hi Pat, as I said at my first post to you, Limewire is a P2P file share.
That`s the reason all D\Loads go into your shared folder, but if you look at
the menus in LW you will find that you can have `shared` whereever you want
it to be. Remember the shared folder, generally is where others can upload
from you, but of course you can give them access to anything you`d like to
share. There is a help file you can D\L from LW.
best wishes..OJ

Nbar, Limewire v4 Paul Spears Cisco 0 12-16-2005 11:22 PM
limewire v4 Paul Spears Cisco 0 12-16-2005 11:17 PM
Limit Limewire port gencode Cisco 3 02-03-2005 05:01 PM
Limewire help. rar and dmg extension, What are they please? Proffesor Brian Oblivion Computer Support 3 05-28-2004 06:42 PM
Downloading on Limewire and Kazaa Jenn Computer Support 6 04-29-2004 02:31 PM

Advertisments