Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > can't change wallpaper

can't change wallpaper

Casey

Thanks Ben, I've tried everything but seems I'm stuck with it at the moment.
there was no exe file. The background in display is something else that I
have tried to change the wallpaper too, the darn Eiffel Tower is just not
listed.
thanks again,
Casey.
"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:btcxe.1936$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
Double-click "Display" in Control Panel, make sure "Background" is
selected, click "Browse", double-click "Desktop" and see if the file
you downloaded is listed. If so, double-click it, then click "OK".

Ben

news:es9xe.10887$(E-Mail Removed)...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On "Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Thanks Ben, I've tried everything but seems I'm stuck with it at the moment.
|>there was no exe file. The background in display is something else that I
|>have tried to change the wallpaper too, the darn Eiffel Tower is just not
|>listed.
|>thanks again,

Download the file again, to find what the name of it is...

Search for that name and delete it. (note it will end in BMP. GIF,
TIF, or JPG).

--
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...-molest01.html

Sly

if its that much trouble id just uninstall it, if it doesnt have an
uninstall, go to add/remove

"Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wBjxe.11168$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Sly, That's the first time anyone has been rude to me and I'm

afraid
> it upset me. Usually folk are very helpful here. Sly, I tried the google
> search but no luck, when I downloaded the Eiffel Tower wallpaper there was
> no file it the site just had pictures of the different shots of the tower
> and the instructions were to just click on the resolution for my computer
> and bang there it appeared. The wallpaper is not in the display list of
> wallpapers. However, I'll keep trying, there are forums that I will try,
> it's not a matter of life and death, just annoying. Contrary to Legions
> opinion of me I do know how to find answers I just thought this would be a
> quick way as usually like you the people here are very helpful, thank you
> again. I'll come back just in case someone or you have an answer.
> Many thanks,
> Casey.
> "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsqjxe.119608$xm3.56551@attbi_s21...
> > you will find that there are many people here who are here only to
> > ridicule
> > and make others feel like ****, there are also many here who are truly
> > helpful and do care, ya just gotta take the good with the bad
> >
> > "Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Vjjxe.11153$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Legion, what an unfortunate person you must be to write such a

sarcastic
> >> reply. I don't think there is any need for you to be so bloody rude,

wake
> > up
> >> to yourself. I think you are the stupid one and I feel very sorry for
> >> you.
> >> We all have to learn as I'm sure you did. We all get stuck with things

at
> >> various times and I'll bet you have in your time too, so wake up to
> >> yourself and learn to treat those who may not be as knowledgeable as

your
> >> self with some respect. Incidentally, I have been using a computer for

> > quite
> >> some time now and I even help others so stay away from this newsgroup

if
> > you
> >> can't be polite.
> >> Casey
> >> "Legion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

list

> > bought

Casey

Penny, The file is a JPG I went back to the Eiffel Tower site and didn't
download it again because I thought I would end up with more trouble. I
right clicked on it and the properties told me it was a JPG. I ran search
but nothing was found. the site is very strange, just pics of the tower and
underneath the size that a person wants, and says to install just right
click and set as Wall paper. That's all, seems I am stuck with it at the
moment.
Casey.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On "Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |>Thanks Ben, I've tried everything but seems I'm stuck with it at the
> moment.
> |>there was no exe file. The background in display is something else that
> |>have tried to change the wallpaper too, the darn Eiffel Tower is just
> not
> |>listed.
> |>thanks again,
>
> Download the file again, to find what the name of it is...
>
> Search for that name and delete it. (note it will end in BMP. GIF,
> TIF, or JPG).
>

> |>Casey.
> |>"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> |>news:btcxe.1936$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> |>Double-click "Display" in Control Panel, make sure "Background" is
> |>selected, click "Browse", double-click "Desktop" and see if the file
> |>you downloaded is listed. If so, double-click it, then click "OK".
> |>
> |>Ben
> |>
> |>"Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> |>news:es9xe.10887$(E-Mail Removed)...
> it
> resolution I
> not
> |>>

> --
> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...-molest01.html

Jack

Casey wrote:

> Thanks Ben, I've tried everything but seems I'm stuck with it at the moment.
> there was no exe file. The background in display is something else that I
> have tried to change the wallpaper too, the darn Eiffel Tower is just not
> listed.

Sorry I don't use XP so the instructions could be slightly different.

Right clicking on the desktop and choosing Properties, should show the
file name of the Eiffel tower, and clicking on Browse should show you
the folder that it's in.

Otherwise, go to the Start Menu, select Find (Files or Folders)
Select the date when you first downloaded the wallpaper, and select file
type JPEG Image, and search your whole computer, which should not take
long.
That should give you a list of all jpeg image files downloaded that day.
Click on each one to see the image and note where it is.

Casey

It's not in Add/Remove, or all programs. Can't understand it.
> if its that much trouble id just uninstall it, if it doesnt have an
> uninstall, go to add/remove
>
> "Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:wBjxe.11168$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks Sly, That's the first time anyone has been rude to me and I'm

> afraid
>> it upset me. Usually folk are very helpful here. Sly, I tried the google
>> search but no luck, when I downloaded the Eiffel Tower wallpaper there
>> was
>> no file it the site just had pictures of the different shots of the tower
>> and the instructions were to just click on the resolution for my
>> computer
>> and bang there it appeared. The wallpaper is not in the display list of
>> wallpapers. However, I'll keep trying, there are forums that I will try,
>> it's not a matter of life and death, just annoying. Contrary to Legions
>> opinion of me I do know how to find answers I just thought this would be
>> quick way as usually like you the people here are very helpful, thank you
>> again. I'll come back just in case someone or you have an answer.
>> Many thanks,
>> Casey.
>> "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsqjxe.119608$xm3.56551@attbi_s21...
>> > you will find that there are many people here who are here only to
>> > ridicule
>> > and make others feel like ****, there are also many here who are truly
>> > helpful and do care, ya just gotta take the good with the bad
>> >
>> > "Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:Vjjxe.11153$(E-Mail Removed)...

> sarcastic

> wake
>> > up

> at

> your
>> > quite

> if
>> > you

> list
>> > bought

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On "Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Penny, The file is a JPG I went back to the Eiffel Tower site and didn't
|>download it again because I thought I would end up with more trouble. I
|>right clicked on it and the properties told me it was a JPG. I ran search
|>but nothing was found. the site is very strange, just pics of the tower and
|>underneath the size that a person wants, and says to install just right
|>click and set as Wall paper. That's all, seems I am stuck with it at the
|>moment.
|>Casey.

Search for *.JPG
Delete the one that looks right.

View details and delete the one that matches the date and time you
download'd it

|><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

|>> moment.
|>> not
|>>
|>> Download the file again, to find what the name of it is...
|>>
|>> Search for that name and delete it. (note it will end in BMP. GIF,
|>> TIF, or JPG).

|>> it
|>> resolution I
|>> not
|>> |>>

|>> --
|>> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...-molest01.html

--
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...-molest01.html

~misty

Casey wrote:
> Thanks Ben, I've tried everything but seems I'm stuck with it at the
> moment. there was no exe file. The background in display is something
> else that I have tried to change the wallpaper too, the darn Eiffel
> Tower is just not listed.
> thanks again,
> Casey.

If you have Irfanview you can _left_ click on any picture and under the tab
labelled "options" you can choose to set the pic you are viewing as the
wallpaper. "Stretched" works great for large images.

If you don't have Irfanview but are running XP.. after _right_ clicking on
an image choose "edit" .. this will take you to the paint program.. under
"File" you can choose to set the image as your background too.

Perhaps that will get rid of the background you don't want..
--
http://mistymage.com/
to email me use Groups At mistymage Dot com

Sly

whats the site you got it from?

"Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Mzkxe.11211$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Penny, The file is a JPG I went back to the Eiffel Tower site and didn't
> download it again because I thought I would end up with more trouble. I
> right clicked on it and the properties told me it was a JPG. I ran search
> but nothing was found. the site is very strange, just pics of the tower

and
> underneath the size that a person wants, and says to install just right
> click and set as Wall paper. That's all, seems I am stuck with it at the
> moment.
> Casey.
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > moment.

that
> > not
> >
> > Download the file again, to find what the name of it is...
> >
> > Search for that name and delete it. (note it will end in BMP. GIF,
> > TIF, or JPG).

change
> > it
> > resolution I
> > not
> > |>>

> > --
> > http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...-molest01.html

uh Clem

Hey Casey,
have you tried doing the same thing with another pic from a diff site?
(Rite click & Set as Background?)
I always right-click and Save Picture As...and save it in C:\Windows
'cause that's where Mr. Gates keeps that type of stuff.
(I use Winders 98 so I have to change the extension to .bmp but XP
doesn't seem to care. (For all you geezers like me, I use an old 16bit
ver of LViewPro to convert & can post it to some ng if anybody wants
it.)