Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE problem with hyperlinks

OE problem with hyperlinks

Adara

I have a friend who can no longer click on hyperlinks in her email
messages and have them open automatically in a browser window. She is
not that computer savvy so my information that I can provide is
limited. She stated that this was literally an overnight problem, one
day it worked fine the next it did not. She cannot recall doing any
updates within that time frame and she is not sure if he son changed
any settings. Any information that be provided to help fix the
problem would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance for your help!

WormWood

What are the OS and email client?

<Adara> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a friend who can no longer click on hyperlinks in her email
> messages and have them open automatically in a browser window. She is
> not that computer savvy so my information that I can provide is
> limited. She stated that this was literally an overnight problem, one
> day it worked fine the next it did not. She cannot recall doing any
> updates within that time frame and she is not sure if he son changed
> any settings. Any information that be provided to help fix the
> problem would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks in Advance for your help!

Adara

The OS is Windows XP
Outlook Express with Insightbb.com email

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:25:15 -0400, "WormWood"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What are the OS and email client?
>

><Adara> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I have a friend who can no longer click on hyperlinks in her email
>> messages and have them open automatically in a browser window. She is
>> not that computer savvy so my information that I can provide is
>> limited. She stated that this was literally an overnight problem, one
>> day it worked fine the next it did not. She cannot recall doing any
>> updates within that time frame and she is not sure if he son changed
>> any settings. Any information that be provided to help fix the
>> problem would be greatly appreciated!!
>>
>> Thanks in Advance for your help!

WormWood

In IE, Tools / Internet Options / General Tab, press Delete Files
button, tick the box 'Delete All Offline Content.' You can safely delete
the cookies and history store if desired. Rebooting the machine would be
a good thing, too.

<Adara> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> The OS is Windows XP
> Outlook Express with Insightbb.com email
>
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:25:15 -0400, "WormWood"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>What are the OS and email client?
>>

>><Adara> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>I have a friend who can no longer click on hyperlinks in her email
>>> messages and have them open automatically in a browser window. She
>>> is
>>> not that computer savvy so my information that I can provide is
>>> limited. She stated that this was literally an overnight problem,
>>> one
>>> day it worked fine the next it did not. She cannot recall doing any
>>> updates within that time frame and she is not sure if he son changed
>>> any settings. Any information that be provided to help fix the
>>> problem would be greatly appreciated!!
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance for your help!

Jimmy

<Adara> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a friend who can no longer click on hyperlinks in her email
> messages and have them open automatically in a browser window. She is
> not that computer savvy so my information that I can provide is
> limited. She stated that this was literally an overnight problem, one
> day it worked fine the next it did not. She cannot recall doing any
> updates within that time frame and she is not sure if he son changed
> any settings. Any information that be provided to help fix the
> problem would be greatly appreciated!!

Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823301

--
Jimmy

Adara

Hyperlinks did work and then one day they stopped...so we are unsure
as to why after months and months of it working it just went belly up.

As far as deleting offline content and such, we have done that more
than once and the computer has been rebooted several times and it
never fixed the problem, that is what is prompting me to come here
looking for support.

Problem with hyperlinks rcoco ASP .Net 1 05-04-2007 01:22 PM
Odd problem with MS Word and hyperlinks Bruce Sinclair NZ Computing 9 07-27-2006 07:28 AM
After loading FF 1.0.3, hyperlinks in T-Bird e-mails don't open in FF Jim Firefox 3 04-22-2005 09:59 PM
Problem loading asp.net usercontrols dynamically with hyperlinks and images Brett ASP .Net 1 09-09-2004 04:52 AM
Hyperlinks Not Launching Firefox CG Firefox 1 07-10-2004 08:20 AM

Advertisments