Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE6 installation problems

IE6 installation problems

JD Jacobs

Sorry, I had to deal with some non computer problems and missed peoples post
when I last posted this probem.

I have win2k. I developed problems and had to reinstall win2k which brought
me back to ie5.0 when I had 6.01. I want ie6 back. I am now getting errors
about missing files ie6wzd and such.

I have done
ie6setup.exe /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"

I have gone to "windows update" site and tried to install it from there with
the same or similar message that says that it is missing files(usually
something about ie6wzd).

help, please

you can email me if you want, just remove the nospam

Unk

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:54:04 -0400, "JD Jacobs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sorry, I had to deal with some non computer problems and missed peoples post
>when I last posted this probem.
>
>I have win2k. I developed problems and had to reinstall win2k which brought
>me back to ie5.0 when I had 6.01. I want ie6 back. I am now getting errors
>about missing files ie6wzd and such.
>
>I have done
>ie6setup.exe /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"
>
>I have gone to "windows update" site and tried to install it from there with
>the same or similar message that says that it is missing files(usually
>something about ie6wzd).
>
>help, please
>
>you can email me if you want, just remove the nospam

See if this works:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/ie6setup.exe