Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD-VHS Combo Recorder

DVD-VHS Combo Recorder

Mick

Hi all,
I have Sky+ and at the moment back up some movies via a VHS recorder,
I want to change it to a DVD recorder, but I have lots of VHS tapes that I
would like to record some of to DVD.
A duel DVD/VHS recorder is required, what do anyone think of the "Daewoo
DF4100P DVD Recorder & VCR Combi"
or the "Samsung SV-DVD440"
or can anyone suggest one, thanks,
Mick.

fkasner

Mick wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have Sky+ and at the moment back up some movies via a VHS recorder,
> I want to change it to a DVD recorder, but I have lots of VHS tapes that I
> would like to record some of to DVD.
> A duel DVD/VHS recorder is required, what do anyone think of the "Daewoo
> DF4100P DVD Recorder & VCR Combi"
> or the "Samsung SV-DVD440"
> or can anyone suggest one, thanks,
> Mick.

I saved some money by buying Dazzle Digital Video Creator 90. I already
had a combo VHS play/record and DVD player. The purchase gave me
hardware and software to convert VHS tapes (and also Beta tapes if you
have then as well as a Beta player) and also output from a video
recorder (analog or digital) to DVD disks. They also include with the
software some considerable amount of editing software (of little concern
to me since I just wanted to copy the VHS and Beta tapes to DVD).
FK

Barry OGrady

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:31:36 +0100, "Mick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have Sky+ and at the moment back up some movies via a VHS recorder,
>I want to change it to a DVD recorder, but I have lots of VHS tapes that I
>would like to record some of to DVD.
>A duel DVD/VHS recorder is required, what do anyone think of the "Daewoo
>DF4100P DVD Recorder & VCR Combi"
>or the "Samsung SV-DVD440"
>or can anyone suggest one, thanks,

I use a TV capture card for that.