Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Juno?

Juno?

boywonder

Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has email
and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet except the
Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can find, including XP
firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't use OE. Can't use Mozilla,
etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno browser gets his email, and browses for
him.

Does anyone know of a more pertinent group to post this to?

--
Tommy
my personal webpages :

philo

boywonder wrote:
> Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has email
> and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet except the
> Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can find, including XP
> firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't use OE. Can't use Mozilla,
> etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno browser gets his email, and browses for
> him.
>
> Does anyone know of a more pertinent group to post this to?

Juno is sort of a closed system...
but you should be able to update AVG by downloading the update .bin file
to a folder and in your update options specify to update from folder
rather than the internet.
not a totally great situation...but that $10 a month price must be one
of the lowest price serivces i've seen

Evan Platt

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:15:09 -0500, "boywonder"
<tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote:

>Anyone have experience with Juno?

Yes, and you already created this thread 6/24 and have about 8 decent