Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MP3/Roxio

MP3/Roxio

Boy Meets Web

Hey,

About a YEAR ago, I was attempting to create an mp3 cd using ROXIO ... as I
was adding my MP3's - my friend walked in and said - ya know, you're adding
way yoo many mp3's - that's ok - but you won't be able to play that in all
cd players.

So, I remember he asked me if I wanted it to be able to be played in cd
players - I said YES. So he said ok, then he did something .... THEN, I was
able to add my mp3's.
But he told me that when you do that - you'll only be able to burn approx
15-20 songs per cd.

Now, I want to do that again .... Burn mp3's so that you can play it in just
about any CD Player. But I forgot how to do it with Roxio! And my friend is
outta town.

Anybody know what I sould do? I'm using ROXIO.

Thanks in Advance!

Web Guy

http://www.usenet.com

Toolman Tim

"Boy Meets Web" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42c0727e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey,
>
> About a YEAR ago, I was attempting to create an mp3 cd using ROXIO ... as
> was adding my MP3's - my friend walked in and said - ya know, you're
> adding
> way yoo many mp3's - that's ok - but you won't be able to play that in all
> cd players.
>
> So, I remember he asked me if I wanted it to be able to be played in cd
> players - I said YES. So he said ok, then he did something .... THEN, I
> was
> able to add my mp3's.
> But he told me that when you do that - you'll only be able to burn approx
> 15-20 songs per cd.
>
> Now, I want to do that again .... Burn mp3's so that you can play it in
> just
> about any CD Player. But I forgot how to do it with Roxio! And my friend
> is
> outta town.
>
> Anybody know what I sould do? I'm using ROXIO.

AH! But what VERSION of Roxio???

I use version 5. Click on File, New CD Project, select Music CD. Add tracks,
burn.

dadiOH

Boy Meets Web wrote:
> Hey,
>
> About a YEAR ago, I was attempting to create an mp3 cd using ROXIO
> ... as I was adding my MP3's - my friend walked in and said - ya
> know, you're adding way yoo many mp3's - that's ok - but you won't be
> able to play that in all cd players.
>
> So, I remember he asked me if I wanted it to be able to be played in
> cd players - I said YES. So he said ok, then he did something ....
> THEN, I was able to add my mp3's.
> But he told me that when you do that - you'll only be able to burn
> approx 15-20 songs per cd.
>
> Now, I want to do that again .... Burn mp3's so that you can play it
> in just about any CD Player. But I forgot how to do it with Roxio!
> And my friend is outta town.

1. You are not burning MP3s. An "MP3 CD" is a data CD with MP3s on it.
You are simply copying MP3s from one media (HDD) to another (CD). You
can't play such a disc on anything that doesn't include an MP3 decoder.

2. Your software is decoding MP3s to wave and burning the waves.

3. To do #2, opt to make an "audio CD".

4. More info in my dandies below...

--
dadiOH