Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saving MSN custom emoticons?

Reply
Thread Tools

Saving MSN custom emoticons?

 
 
Rachel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2005
Hi,

I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in a
conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
Where are these files stored?


Thanks!
Rachel.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
old jon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2005

"Rachel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i2Uve.6523$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in a
> conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
> Where are these files stored?
>
> Thanks!
> Rachel.
>

Start\Search and input .gif. <gives little smile>. BW..OJ


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rachel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2005

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:q7Uve.7046$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Rachel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:i2Uve.6523$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in

a
> > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
> > Where are these files stored?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Rachel.
> >

> Start\Search and input .gif. <gives little smile>. BW..OJ
>
>


Thanks OJ, however a search of all the .gif files on my system doesn't throw
up the ones I've taken from other people.


 
Reply With Quote
 
old jon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2005

"Rachel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0hUve.6529$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:q7Uve.7046$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Rachel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:i2Uve.6523$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in

> a
>> > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
>> > Where are these files stored?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> > Rachel.
>> >

>> Start\Search and input .gif. <gives little smile>. BW..OJ
>>
>>

>
> Thanks OJ, however a search of all the .gif files on my system doesn't
> throw
> up the ones I've taken from other people.
>
>

They might be .ico files, but I`m not certain. Search .ico bw..OJ


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rachel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2005

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OuUve.5616$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Rachel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0hUve.6529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:q7Uve.7046$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "Rachel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:i2Uve.6523$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> > Hi,
> >> >
> >> > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people

in
> > a
> >> > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
> >> > Where are these files stored?
> >> >
> >> > Thanks!
> >> > Rachel.
> >> >
> >> Start\Search and input .gif. <gives little smile>. BW..OJ
> >>
> >>

> >
> > Thanks OJ, however a search of all the .gif files on my system doesn't
> > throw
> > up the ones I've taken from other people.
> >
> >

> They might be .ico files, but I`m not certain. Search .ico bw..OJ
>
>


Didn't work I'm afraid


 
Reply With Quote
 
unwashed
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2005

"Rachel" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
news:i2Uve.6523$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in a
> conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
> Where are these files stored?
>
>
> Thanks!
> Rachel.
>
>

Hi Rachel,
You've a nice name, but you post a truly daft question!
Also, as you will note above, I have edited your email addy.
Having used your default email address in a post to usenet-
You are now almost certain to be flooded with spam, trojans,
spyware etc. Also added to flood lists, + your addy to be used as
return path for floods etc etc etc.
This is usenet - quite entertaining and can also be exceedingly
infomative and fun, but unfortunately also very trashy and vicious.
Be careful with any future posts. - Set up a disposeable web-based
email account for any potential replies via usenet.
As for your lost emoticons.............
In search (assuming XP) you can be date specific, and use the
"open card".
If you know the exact date that you downloaded, then narrow
the search to that specific date, and in search criteria type "*"
(An asterisk - Without the inverted coma's).
XP will find anything "modified" on that specific date - including
your emoticons.
If/once found, RIGHT click, and from menu select "Send to"
in sub-menu, select "My doc's" or folder of your choice.


 
Reply With Quote
 
old jon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2005

"Rachel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gJUve.6534$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OuUve.5616$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Rachel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:0hUve.6529$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:q7Uve.7046$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >>
>> >> "Rachel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >> news:i2Uve.6523$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >> > Hi,
>> >> >
>> >> > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people

> in
>> > a
>> >> > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
>> >> > Where are these files stored?
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks!
>> >> > Rachel.
>> >> >
>> >> Start\Search and input .gif. <gives little smile>. BW..OJ
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> > Thanks OJ, however a search of all the .gif files on my system doesn't
>> > throw
>> > up the ones I've taken from other people.
>> >
>> >

>> They might be .ico files, but I`m not certain. Search .ico bw..OJ
>>
>>

>
> Didn't work I'm afraid
>

Don`t give up girl. Try .png. It`s called perseverance. <g>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rachel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2005

"unwashed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d9p5j3$7dr$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>
> "Rachel" (E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
> news:i2Uve.6523$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in

a
> > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
> > Where are these files stored?
> >
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Rachel.
> >
> >

> Hi Rachel,
> You've a nice name, but you post a truly daft question!
> Also, as you will note above, I have edited your email addy.
> Having used your default email address in a post to usenet-
> You are now almost certain to be flooded with spam, trojans,
> spyware etc. Also added to flood lists, + your addy to be used as
> return path for floods etc etc etc.
> This is usenet - quite entertaining and can also be exceedingly
> infomative and fun, but unfortunately also very trashy and vicious.
> Be careful with any future posts. - Set up a disposeable web-based
> email account for any potential replies via usenet.
> As for your lost emoticons.............
> In search (assuming XP) you can be date specific, and use the
> "open card".
> If you know the exact date that you downloaded, then narrow
> the search to that specific date, and in search criteria type "*"
> (An asterisk - Without the inverted coma's).
> XP will find anything "modified" on that specific date - including
> your emoticons.
> If/once found, RIGHT click, and from menu select "Send to"
> in sub-menu, select "My doc's" or folder of your choice.
>
>


Thank you for your kind response Unwashed - however the email addy I use is
actually already munged. Been on Usenet long enough to know that using your
real addy is a Bad Idea

As for the open card, I did try that, however the modified files which the
search threw up weren't anything to do with MSN (apart from modified logs
from when I'd been chatting that day). I wonder how the emoticons are
actually stored...

Rachel


 
Reply With Quote
 
mazatosz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2005


Rachel wrote:
> "unwashed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d9p5j3$7dr$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> >
> > "Rachel" (E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
> > news:i2Uve.6523$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have some custom emoticons (gif) that I've taken from other people in

> a
> > > conversation. (MSN Messenger 7)
> > > Where are these files stored?
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Rachel.
> > >
> > >

> > Hi Rachel,
> > You've a nice name, but you post a truly daft question!
> > Also, as you will note above, I have edited your email addy.
> > Having used your default email address in a post to usenet-
> > You are now almost certain to be flooded with spam, trojans,
> > spyware etc. Also added to flood lists, + your addy to be used as
> > return path for floods etc etc etc.
> > This is usenet - quite entertaining and can also be exceedingly
> > infomative and fun, but unfortunately also very trashy and vicious.
> > Be careful with any future posts. - Set up a disposeable web-based
> > email account for any potential replies via usenet.
> > As for your lost emoticons.............
> > In search (assuming XP) you can be date specific, and use the
> > "open card".
> > If you know the exact date that you downloaded, then narrow
> > the search to that specific date, and in search criteria type "*"
> > (An asterisk - Without the inverted coma's).
> > XP will find anything "modified" on that specific date - including
> > your emoticons.
> > If/once found, RIGHT click, and from menu select "Send to"
> > in sub-menu, select "My doc's" or folder of your choice.
> >
> >

>
> Thank you for your kind response Unwashed - however the email addy I use is
> actually already munged. Been on Usenet long enough to know that using your
> real addy is a Bad Idea
>
> As for the open card, I did try that, however the modified files which the
> search threw up weren't anything to do with MSN (apart from modified logs
> from when I'd been chatting that day). I wonder how the emoticons are
> actually stored...
>
> Rachel


 
Reply With Quote
 
mazatosz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2005
if it's not too late check this site, I found them... chcek this link:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...bcc39788749dac

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSN BLOCK CHECKER-MSN STATUS CHECKER-MSN PROBLEMS Pager O Rama Digital Photography 0 04-04-2006 06:58 PM
MSN BLOCK CHECKER-MSN STATUS CHECKER-MSN PROBLEMS Pager O Rama ASP General 0 04-04-2006 06:41 PM
Saving DataTable to session vs saving a Custom object. John Kandell ASP .Net 4 12-10-2004 05:08 AM
MSN online hearts and msn video, help joevan Computer Support 5 04-18-2004 04:42 PM
Microsoft/MSN/Hotmail/MSN Messanger Johnny Love Computer Support 3 09-03-2003 02:14 PM



Advertisments