Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem Updating Video Card Drivers

Problem Updating Video Card Drivers

Dreamspinner3

I am running a Compaq 7110US desktop with Windows XP (all the latest
updates from MS installed) that still has the original nVidia GeFroce2
MX video card. I'm currently using drivers dated 10/6/03 version
5.2.1.6.

I downloaded the latest drivers from the nVidia website and installed
them but when my PC reboots after the install I get "the blue screen
of death" with an error message saying there is a hardware
failure/parity error.

If I reboot into Safe Mode and roll back my video card to the old
driver & then reboot, everything works fine. So what is wrong?
-----
Kim/Dreamspinner3
Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

Duane Arnold

> If I reboot into Safe Mode and roll back my video card to the old
> driver & then reboot, everything works fine. So what is wrong?

If it's not broke, then don't fix it.

Duane

Dreamspinner3

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:11:00 GMT, Duane Arnold <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> If I reboot into Safe Mode and roll back my video card to the old
>> driver & then reboot, everything works fine. So what is wrong?

>If it's not broke, then don't fix it.
>
>Duane

I want to be able to play the Sims 2.....

-----
Kim/Dreamspinner3
Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

Dreamspinner3

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:48:10 +0100, "Scrote"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You did uninstall the old drivers BEFORE running the new install?

I tried but they are not listed under the ADD/REMOVE programs list in
the Control Panel. If they are not listed there, how do I uninstall
them?

-----