Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Local area connection

Local area connection

Tab

I keep getting an icon in system tray(two monitors with X on them)which
tells me that a network cable is unplugged.I have not got a network,is it OK
to disable this local area connection thing?
I have been suffering with adsl disconnections,could this network
connection have anything to do with that.
Thanks for any assistance with this.

Tab

pcbutts1

When you are on the internet you are on a network. Since you are on ADSL are
you surfing wirelessly or by a USB adapter? At any rate it is ok to disable
it.

"Tab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d9msuo$730$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>I keep getting an icon in system tray(two monitors with X on them)which
>tells me that a network cable is unplugged.I have not got a network,is it
>OK to disable this local area connection thing?
> I have been suffering with adsl disconnections,could this network
> connection have anything to do with that.
> Thanks for any assistance with this.
>
> Tab

Tab

newsgDve.77$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When you are on the internet you are on a network. Since you are on ADSL
> are you surfing wirelessly or by a USB adapter? At any rate it is ok to
> disable it.

> Thanks pc I surf using USB modem but have been getting disconnnected
> fairly often.

Tab