Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Free VHDL simulator

Free VHDL simulator

Chaos Master

Hello people.

I want to learn VHDL but I can't spend money on software.
Is there any free program to simulate VHDL code?
A Linux version would also be great.

[]s
--
Chaos Master. |"These wounds won't seem to heal
My Evanescence HP is at: | This pain is just too real

Tim Hubberstey

Chaos Master wrote:
> Hello people.
>
> I want to learn VHDL but I can't spend money on software.
> Is there any free program to simulate VHDL code?
> A Linux version would also be great.

See the FAQ, section 3:

http://www.eda.org/comp.lang.vhdl/

thomas

Chaos Master wrote:
> Hello people.
>
> I want to learn VHDL but I can't spend money on software.
> Is there any free program to simulate VHDL code?
> A Linux version would also be great.
>
> []s

try this site
http://www.opencores.org/projects.cg...ools/eda_tools

--
Thomas

Leon Heller

"Chaos Master" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hello people.
>
> I want to learn VHDL but I can't spend money on software.
> Is there any free program to simulate VHDL code?
> A Linux version would also be great.

http://www.symphonyeda.com/

Leon

Tom Hawkins

Chaos Master <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b3b0954e1a6609d989b06@130.133.1.4>...
> Hello people.
>
> I want to learn VHDL but I can't spend money on software.
> Is there any free program to simulate VHDL code?
> A Linux version would also be great.

I've had the best luck with GHDL:

http://ghdl.free.fr/

Do you want to learn VHDL, or do you want to learn HDL-based hardware
design? If the later, I would recommend Confluence. As a functional
programming language, Confluence designs typically result in 3-5X
fewer lines of code than VHDL. The CF compiler returns HDL and a
cycle accuarte C model -- compile with GCC and you've got yourself a
high-performance logic simulator.

BTW, Confluence is GPL.

http://www.launchbird.com/

Regards,
Tom

Chaos Master

Tom Hawkins ((E-Mail Removed)) said those last words:

> Do you want to learn VHDL, or do you want to learn HDL-based hardware
> design? If the later, I would recommend Confluence. As a functional
> programming language, Confluence designs typically result in 3-5X
> fewer lines of code than VHDL. The CF compiler returns HDL and a
> cycle accuarte C model -- compile with GCC and you've got yourself a
> high-performance logic simulator.

I will take a look on those all suggestions. Many thanks!

vhdl free simulator?? Maurice VHDL 4 07-05-2010 04:31 PM
free vhdl simulator GlobeTrade VHDL 4 10-03-2006 07:13 AM
Free VHDL Simulator(s) ..? pbdelete@spamnuke.ludd.luthdelete.se.invalid VHDL 3 05-14-2006 02:26 PM
[ANN] GHDL 0.13 - a free VHDL simulator Tristan Gingold VHDL 0 06-26-2004 10:40 AM
Free VHDL Simulator Basuki Endah Priyanto VHDL 1 08-15-2003 11:14 AM

Advertisments