Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HDD problem

HDD problem

magicspoons

Hi My HDD is running in the background and I can't find out what programme
is running, it sounds like it's checking or defragging but it's not, I would
like to know how I can find out what's running, checked msconfig and shows
that nothing is running but there is, any help would be appreciated.
spoon

What's in a Name?

magicspoons wrote:
> Hi My HDD is running in the background and I can't find out what programme
> is running, it sounds like it's checking or defragging but it's not, I would
> like to know how I can find out what's running, checked msconfig and shows
> that nothing is running but there is, any help would be appreciated.
> spoon

Try process explorer
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../procexp.shtml
-max

magicspoons

"What's in a Name?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42bdd82b$0$62489$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> magicspoons wrote:
>> Hi My HDD is running in the background and I can't find out what
>> programme is running, it sounds like it's checking or defragging but it's
>> not, I would like to know how I can find out what's running, checked
>> msconfig and shows that nothing is running but there is, any help would
>> be appreciated.
>> spoon

> Try process explorer
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../procexp.shtml
> -max
> --
> Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
> You can find my e-mail address on my pages.

installed process explorer and shows that the only process running is System
Idle Process 95.85% CPU usage)

Jimmy Dean

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:16:32 GMT, "magicspoons"
<magicspoons@@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi My HDD is running in the background and I can't find out what programme
>is running, it sounds like it's checking or defragging but it's not, I would
>like to know how I can find out what's running, checked msconfig and shows
>that nothing is running but there is, any help would be appreciated.
>spoon

Maybe do a thorough antivirus/Spyware/Adware scan

jd

magicspoons

"Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:16:32 GMT, "magicspoons"
> <magicspoons@@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi My HDD is running in the background and I can't find out what programme
>>is running, it sounds like it's checking or defragging but it's not, I
>>would
>>like to know how I can find out what's running, checked msconfig and shows
>>that nothing is running but there is, any help would be appreciated.
>>spoon

> Maybe do a thorough antivirus/Spyware/Adware scan
>
> jd

First thing I did antivirus/Spyware/Adware scan, house call and high jack
this.
spoon