Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Adware, spyware and pop-ups

Adware, spyware and pop-ups

chezmoore

What are the best programs to defeat adware, spyware and pop-ups???

samuel

"chezmoore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> What are the best programs to defeat adware, spyware and
> pop-ups???

download, install, update, run these
Ad-Aware http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/
Spybot Search and Destroy
Spyware Blaster
Hijackthis http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?
check your Hijackthis log file here.
http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
or http://forums.spywareinfo.com/
and CWShredder
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract..._download.html

read
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/secure.htm
http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_...tm#trustworthy

news groups
alt.comp.anti-virus
alt.privacy.spyware

forum
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/

samuel

"chezmoore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> pop-ups???

mozilla for pop-ups and browsing or thunderbird

mozilla.org

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On "chezmoore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>What are the best programs to defeat adware, spyware and pop-ups???

I use to say common sense, that no longer works, as my audio drivers
are spying on me (ALCMTR.EXE) :}

I found a combo of HijackThis and Teatimer (included in Spybot)
works very well.

HIjackThis to remove the entry and Teatimer to keep it from
reinstalling itself to the registry.

There is an error in the latest Teatimer - you can't read the buttons,
remember- Left-Yes Right-NO

--
http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf (DSL)