Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Alternative

Alternative

Horatio Delbarto

Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
Horatio

What's in a Name?

Horatio Delbarto wrote:
> Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
> Horatio

Thunderbird
-max

Mike Easter

Horatio Delbarto wrote:
> Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?

There are alternative newsservers and alternative mailuser agents and
alternative both/s.

There are also alternative browsers to IE, so you could dump that whole
system with its insecurities, weaknesses, noncompliances, and old-style
rendering.

There are also alternatives to the operating system underneath it, all
of which is integrated as a unit. Windows is very integrated with
Internet Explorer which is very integrated with Outlook Express. As you
start to peel the onion, you might consider picking up a different
vegetable.

--
Mike Easter

samuel

"Horatio Delbarto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:d9k96k$jl2$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com:

> Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
> Horatio

http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_I...Internet/World
_Wide_Web/Browsers/

Plato

Horatio Delbarto wrote:

> Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?

Perhaps a hundred or more alternatives.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Blinky the Shark

Mike Easter wrote:

> Horatio Delbarto wrote:

>> Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?

> There are alternative newsservers and alternative mailuser agents and

^^^^^^^^^^^
He's an OE user. Don't confuse him further.

--
Blinky
International Thank Your Developers Week - June 20-27, 2005

Blinky the Shark

samuel wrote:

> "Horatio Delbarto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:d9k96k$jl2$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com:

>> Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
>> Horatio

> http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_I...Internet/World
> _Wide_Web/Browsers/

Did he ask about browsers? Hint: "no".

Do you actually read posts before you blurt answers? Guess: "no".

--
Blinky
International Thank Your Developers Week - June 20-27, 2005
Say thanks to your favorite Open Source team one way or another.
http://blinkynet.net/comp/tydevs.html Yes, Eight Days A Week.

Pat

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:53:08 +0000 (UTC), "Horatio Delbarto"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
>Horatio

For email I use Pegasus www.pmail.com it's free and works great.

For a newsreader I use Agent http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php. You
can use it for free as Free Agent or buy the full featured version. It also
has email capabilities (which I haven't tried).

--
Pat

samuel

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

> samuel wrote:
>
>> "Horatio Delbarto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:d9k96k$jl2$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com:

>>> Is there an alternative to Outlook express ?
>>> Horatio

>> http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_I...ware/Internet/
>> World _Wide_Web/Browsers/

> Did he ask about browsers? Hint: "no".
>
> Do you actually read posts before you blurt answers? Guess:
> "no".

variety
mail or browser
to get away from microsft

oop's
may give him a clue

thanks

Blinky the Shark

samuel wrote:
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) :

>> samuel wrote:

>>> "Horatio Delbarto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:d9k96k$jl2$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com:

>>> http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_I...ware/Internet/
>>> World _Wide_Web/Browsers/

>> Did he ask about browsers? Hint: "no".

>> Do you actually read posts before you blurt answers? Guess:
>> "no".

> variety
> mail or browser
> to get away from microsft

> oop's
> may give him a clue

The Judges award you an average of 1.7 of a possible 10.

> thanks

YW.