Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spyware/adware

Spyware/adware

Douglas

In my Window Task Manager menu, Processes Tab, I see "svchost' 12 separate
times, eating up my memory. How can I get rid of this spyware/adware?

Douglas

Sly

try lavasoft's adaware
"Douglas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bO4ve.1810$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> In my Window Task Manager menu, Processes Tab, I see "svchost' 12 separate
> times, eating up my memory. How can I get rid of this spyware/adware?
>
> Douglas

What's in a Name?

Douglas wrote:
> In my Window Task Manager menu, Processes Tab, I see "svchost' 12 separate
> times, eating up my memory. How can I get rid of this spyware/adware?
>
> Douglas

Go here and follow all instructions
Post back results
-max

jils

multiple instances of svchost are quite normal in windows.
why do you think it's spyware?

Douglas wrote:
> In my Window Task Manager menu, Processes Tab, I see "svchost' 12 separate
> times, eating up my memory. How can I get rid of this spyware/adware?
>
> Douglas

why?

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:09:43 GMT, Douglas wrote:

>In my Window Task Manager menu, Processes Tab, I see "svchost' 12 separate
>times, eating up my memory. How can I get rid of this spyware/adware?

You do mean svchost, it's used by many apps and it's not uncommon to see
several of them running at once.

http://www.liutilities.com/products/...brary/svchost/
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314056

If instead you mean scvhost , that's another issue.

About scvhost, only 1 of many.
http://www.liutilities.com/products/...brary/scvhost/

Me

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

In news:bO4ve.1810$(E-Mail Removed) , Douglas
<(E-Mail Removed)> first attempted to communicate with pen, but
the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it
away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded,
so placed fingers to keyboard for this:

> In my Window Task Manager menu, Processes Tab, I see "svchost' 12
> separate times, eating up my memory. How can I get rid of this
> spyware/adware?
> Douglas

SVChost? That's not spyware, it's actually used by namy programs. I have 7
or 8 of them running right now.

--
Kyle )

$1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
reply. Money gets faster attention