Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sony restore cds don't allow me to enable "show hidden files" or add "my computer" to desktop.

Sony restore cds don't allow me to enable "show hidden files" or add "my computer" to desktop.

jeff

Im trying to use sony restore cds on a sony Vaio laptop, they are the
correct cds for the laptop.

I've restored the system 3 times and it keeps installing some whack
copy of windows, I can't enable "show hidden files" and I can't add
"my computer" to the desktop.

anyone know whats going on or how I can fix it?

thank you!

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On jeff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Im trying to use sony restore cds on a sony Vaio laptop, they are the
|>correct cds for the laptop.
|>
|>I've restored the system 3 times and it keeps installing some whack
|>copy of windows, I can't enable "show hidden files" and I can't add
|>"my computer" to the desktop.
|>
|>anyone know whats going on or how I can fix it?

I'm running a pre installed XP home, lots of things are broken and
some directories I can't access. My system is protecting me from
myself

I'm pretty sure I've found my "protector" (Prismxl.sys), you might
find yours and disable it.

You might also have group policies working against you. Any NT system
except XP home - run (WinKey+R) gpedit.msc <enter>
And snoop around and see what you can find.

Me? I just installed XP pro on another partition and will use the home
as an emergency system. And my system is once again my own.

Top

jeff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Im trying to use sony restore cds on a sony Vaio laptop, they are the
> correct cds for the laptop.
>
> I've restored the system 3 times and it keeps installing some whack
> copy of windows, I can't enable "show hidden files" and I can't add
> "my computer" to the desktop.
>
> anyone know whats going on or how I can fix it?
>

> thank you!

Are you logged in as administrator?

Top

--
Freedom is never free....

Ben Ali OUADAH

HELLO I DON T SPEEK ENGLISH WELL
"Top" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
Xns96806618029AFTopneorrcom@65.24.3.143...
> jeff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Im trying to use sony restore cds on a sony Vaio laptop, they are the
> > correct cds for the laptop.
> >
> > I've restored the system 3 times and it keeps installing some whack
> > copy of windows, I can't enable "show hidden files" and I can't add
> > "my computer" to the desktop.
> >
> > anyone know whats going on or how I can fix it?
> >

> > thank you!

> Are you logged in as administrator?
>
> Top
>
> --
> Freedom is never free....

Top

"Ben Ali OUADAH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:d9mf66$3t6$(E-Mail Removed).9tel.net:

> HELLO I DON T SPEEK ENGLISH WELL
> "Top" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> Xns96806618029AFTopneorrcom@65.24.3.143...
>> jeff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > Im trying to use sony restore cds on a sony Vaio laptop, they
>> > are the correct cds for the laptop.
>> >
>> > I've restored the system 3 times and it keeps installing some
>> > whack copy of windows, I can't enable "show hidden files" and
>> > I can't add "my computer" to the desktop.
>> >
>> > anyone know whats going on or how I can fix it?
>> >

>> > thank you!

>> Are you logged in as administrator?
>>
>> Top
>>
>> --
>> Freedom is never free....

So you want to yell at me because you don't speak English well? Sure,
go ahead, that is sure to help.

Top

--
Freedom is never free....