Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Juno question

Juno question

boywonder

Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has email
and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet except the
Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can find, including XP
firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't use OE. Can't use Mozilla,
etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno browser gets his email, and browses for
him.

--
Tommy
tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom

Evan Platt

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:13:33 -0500, "boywonder"
<tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote:

>Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has email
>and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet except the
>Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can find, including XP
>firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't use OE. Can't use Mozilla,
>etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno browser gets his email, and browses for
>him.

Works fine for my girlfriends system.

go to a dos prompt. Can you ping www.yahoo.com ? does it resolve the
DNS?

ng_reader

In Internet access with Windows there is a "default gateway" that can be
checked or unchecked. This is likely the culprit.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:13:33 -0500, "boywonder"
> <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote:
>
> >Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has email
> >and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet except the
> >Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can find, including

XP
> >firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't use OE. Can't use

Mozilla,
> >etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno browser gets his email, and browses for
> >him.

> Works fine for my girlfriends system.
>
> go to a dos prompt. Can you ping www.yahoo.com ? does it resolve the
> DNS?
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

Evan Platt

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:52:22 -0400, "ng_reader"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In Internet access with Windows there is a "default gateway" that can be
>checked or unchecked. This is likely the culprit.

Not likely. Juno is DHCP. It wouldn't be checked or unchecked, it
would be via dhcp or specified.

boywonder

I don't have the system in front of me, its a friends.

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> typed:

--
Tommy
my personal webpages :

boywonder

In news(E-Mail Removed),
ng_reader <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> In Internet access with Windows there is a "default gateway" that can
> be checked or unchecked. This is likely the culprit.
> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:13:33 -0500, "boywonder"
>> <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has
>>> email and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet
>>> except the Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can
>>> find, including XP firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't
>>> use OE. Can't use Mozilla, etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno
>>> browser gets his email, and browses for him.

>> Works fine for my girlfriends system.
>>
>> go to a dos prompt. Can you ping www.yahoo.com ? does it resolve the
>> DNS?
>> --
>> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

One more thing, the DUN icon is only visible while dialing or logged on,
then it disappears, you can't make changes except in the Juno browser.
--
Tommy
my personal webpages :
www.hal-pc.org/~toner27

boywonder

In news(E-Mail Removed),
ng_reader <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> In Internet access with Windows there is a "default gateway" that can
> be checked or unchecked. This is likely the culprit.
> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:13:33 -0500, "boywonder"
>> <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has
>>> email and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet
>>> except the Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can
>>> find, including XP firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't
>>> use OE. Can't use Mozilla, etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno
>>> browser gets his email, and browses for him.

>> Works fine for my girlfriends system.
>>
>> go to a dos prompt. Can you ping www.yahoo.com ? does it resolve the
>> DNS?
>> --
>> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

My system here uses default gateway with remote, and auto dhcp. But thats
this system, he has xp pro?

--
Tommy
my personal webpages :

Evan Platt

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:15:14 -0500, "boywonder"
<tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote:

>I don't have the system in front of me, its a friends.

Ok, so ask them if they can ping www.cnn.com or resolve dns.

ng_reader

Can't answer that question. Just know that Microsoft largely sucks, but if
you find the correct box to check or uncheck, it can help. As for the DHCP,
uhhh, good point. But not helpful.

The "Default Gateway" I believe was designed to mirror the UNIX SLIP
protocol. No one uses this anymore, but it was a way to connect many
applications through one serial line. AFAIR.

"boywonder" <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote in message
news:42bcbfee$0$2226$(E-Mail Removed)-pc.org...
> In news(E-Mail Removed),
> ng_reader <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> > In Internet access with Windows there is a "default gateway" that can
> > be checked or unchecked. This is likely the culprit.
> > "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Works fine for my girlfriends system.
> >>
> >> go to a dos prompt. Can you ping www.yahoo.com ? does it resolve the
> >> DNS?
> >> --
> >> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

> My system here uses default gateway with remote, and auto dhcp. But thats
> this system, he has xp pro?
>
> --
> Tommy
> my personal webpages :
> www.hal-pc.org/~toner27

Jeremy Brazier

ng_reader, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the pretentious butchfemme who thirsts
for a cross-eyed dangle-queen to enforce buttock slamming fun times and rear

No ****, Shylock?