Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Java startup time

Java startup time

Cassie

Is it normal for Java to take up to five minutes to load? If it
isn't, what could be the problem? Thank you.

Shepİ

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:49:59 -0400 As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric
Sheep and then Cassie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Is it normal for Java to take up to five minutes to load?

Nope.

> If it
>isn't, what could be the problem?

Yes

>Thank you.

You are welcome

OK.I'll give you a clue.
What operating system are you using?

How did you install Java?

Have you cleaned up your system recently?

Does help if you give the viewers a bit of info

--
Free Windows/PC help,

Gray Ghost

Additionally, I'm sure that Shep would like to know your processor
speed, the application that you're attempting to run and the amount of
RAM that you have in your computer.

Shepİ wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:49:59 -0400 As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric
> Sheep and then Cassie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :
>

>>Is it normal for Java to take up to five minutes to load?

> Nope.
>

>>If it
>>isn't, what could be the problem?

> Yes
>

>>Thank you.

> You are welcome
>
> OK.I'll give you a clue.
> What operating system are you using?
>
> How did you install Java?
>
> Have you cleaned up your system recently?
>
> Does help if you give the viewers a bit of info

WormWood

"Cassie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it normal for Java to take up to five minutes to load? If it
> isn't, what could be the problem? Thank you.

If you have broadband, it isn't normal.

Shepİ

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:16:13 GMT As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
and then Gray Ghost <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Additionally, I'm sure that Shep would like to know your processor
>speed, the application that you're attempting to run and the amount of
>RAM that you have in your computer.

Not really but if they knew the tappet gap on their car/bike I'd be
really impressed
Prolly don't even know their tyre pressures(note correct spelling)

>Shepİ wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:49:59 -0400 As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric
>> Sheep and then Cassie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :
>>

>>>Is it normal for Java to take up to five minutes to load?

>> Nope.
>>

>>>If it
>>>isn't, what could be the problem?

>> Yes
>>

>>>Thank you.

>> You are welcome
>>
>> OK.I'll give you a clue.
>> What operating system are you using?
>>
>> How did you install Java?
>>
>> Have you cleaned up your system recently?
>>
>> Does help if you give the viewers a bit of info

--
Free Windows/PC help,

Gray Ghost

Shep,

Sadly you're correct... I doubt they know their tire pressure either, or
what standard temperature and pressure at sea level is. :-\

-gg-

Shepİ wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:16:13 GMT As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
> and then Gray Ghost <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :
>

>>Additionally, I'm sure that Shep would like to know your processor
>>speed, the application that you're attempting to run and the amount of
>>RAM that you have in your computer.
>>

> Not really but if they knew the tappet gap on their car/bike I'd be
> really impressed
> Prolly don't even know their tyre pressures(note correct spelling)
>

>>Shepİ wrote:

>>>Nope.

>>>Yes

>>>You are welcome
>>>
>>>OK.I'll give you a clue.
>>>What operating system are you using?
>>>
>>>How did you install Java?
>>>
>>>Have you cleaned up your system recently?
>>>
>>>Does help if you give the viewers a bit of info

Gray Ghost

What would having broad band have to do with anything???
-gg-

WormWood wrote:
> "Cassie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Is it normal for Java to take up to five minutes to load? If it
>>isn't, what could be the problem? Thank you.

> If you have broadband, it isn't normal.

Plato

Shepİ wrote:

> Prolly don't even know their tyre pressures(note correct spelling)

I'm a niggler for 35 psi for all my tyres at all times, even the spare
one in the boot. Note the correct term for that part of your car