Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AIM (aol instant messenger)

AIM (aol instant messenger)

chickensnot

During an instant message aim shut down. Signed back on, opened the
instant message window and as soon as you start to type in the box it
shuts down. I uninstalled the program, and went to the website and
reinstalled it, and it still happens, same way.

Have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

unwashed

"chickensnot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> During an instant message aim shut down. Signed back on, opened the
> instant message window and as soon as you start to type in the box it
> shuts down. I uninstalled the program, and went to the website and
> reinstalled it, and it still happens, same way.
>
> Have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!!!!

You've been placed on 28 day suspension - which may
evolve to being permenant - and you know why.

Brian

Did you uninstall first, or simply re-install over the old installation? I
would try an uninstall first then a fresh install.

"chickensnot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> During an instant message aim shut down. Signed back on, opened the
> instant message window and as soon as you start to type in the box it
> shuts down. I uninstalled the program, and went to the website and
> reinstalled it, and it still happens, same way.
>
> Have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!!!!

dwacon

"chickensnot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> During an instant message aim shut down. Signed back on, opened the
> instant message window and as soon as you start to type in the box it
> shuts down. I uninstalled the program, and went to the website and
> reinstalled it, and it still happens, same way.
>
> Have any suggestions?

I would suggest using trillian (ceruleanstudios.com) as your IM platform.

--
Fun Factory Dinky Digger
http://tinyurl.com/cy58e

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
Tested on: 6/20/2005 10:18:12 AM

Sly

dump AIM and use yahoo messenger

"chickensnot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> During an instant message aim shut down. Signed back on, opened the
> instant message window and as soon as you start to type in the box it
> shuts down. I uninstalled the program, and went to the website and
> reinstalled it, and it still happens, same way.
>
> Have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!!!!

George Leroy Tirebiter

With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:40:10 GMT,
"Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> mumbled:

>dump AIM and use yahoo messenger

<chickensnip>

>> Thanks!!!!

I had Yahoo Instant Mess. It started fuking up (Turn it on, it gives a
Page Fault) Using Winders 98.
Uninstalled & Reinstalled from Yahoo site.
Same ting.

Any help?

uh Clem

Sly

uninstall it and any leftover folders from yahoo that didnt remove when ya
uninstalled and try again

"George Leroy Tirebiter" <(E-Mail Removed)_OR_JOCK_ITCH >
> With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:40:10 GMT,
> "Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> mumbled:
>
> >dump AIM and use yahoo messenger

> <chickensnip>
> >>
> >> Thanks!!!!

> I had Yahoo Instant Mess. It started fuking up (Turn it on, it gives a
> Page Fault) Using Winders 98.
> Uninstalled & Reinstalled from Yahoo site.
> Same ting.
>
> Any help?
>
> uh Clem

uh Clem

With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:16:29 GMT,
"Sly" <(E-Mail Removed)> mumbled:

>uninstall it and any leftover folders from yahoo that didnt remove when ya
>uninstalled and try again

Thank you! That worked.