Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE attachment messages stuck in inbox

OE attachment messages stuck in inbox

Hersh

I am running XP with SP2 and OE6.
In the past week I have developed a new problem with my Outlook Express:
When I send emails with attachments over about 40 or 50Kb, I get an error
box but the error message field is blank; the message says
"Some errors occured while processing the reqauested tasks. Please review
the list of errors below for more details."
Nothing appears in the list below. The email message appears to stay in my
outbox; it asks me to send it when I close and open the program; each time I
say "yes" it loops back to the same error box; it is, in fact sending the
message, but multiple times.
I have uninstalled my virus protection (provided by my server, Shaw.ca,
installed last week). The problem persisted. I have now reinstalled the
virus protection with email scanning in and out. I created a new OE
identity and imported all my old files and addresses. I thought that fixed
the problem but it didn't. There are several user profiles on this
computer, and the problem does not seem to exist on the other profiles.
Can anyone help me with a solution to this problem?
With thanks,
Hersh

WormWood

Get your mail from ThunderBird (FireFox, Mozilla) or another email
client of your choice.

"Hersh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I am running XP with SP2 and OE6.
> In the past week I have developed a new problem with my Outlook
> Express:
> When I send emails with attachments over about 40 or 50Kb, I get an
> error
> box but the error message field is blank; the message says
> "Some errors occured while processing the reqauested tasks. Please
> review
> the list of errors below for more details."
> Nothing appears in the list below. The email message appears to stay
> in my
> outbox; it asks me to send it when I close and open the program; each
> time I
> say "yes" it loops back to the same error box; it is, in fact sending
> the
> message, but multiple times.
> I have uninstalled my virus protection (provided by my server,
> Shaw.ca,
> installed last week). The problem persisted. I have now reinstalled
> the
> virus protection with email scanning in and out. I created a new OE
> identity and imported all my old files and addresses. I thought that
> fixed
> the problem but it didn't. There are several user profiles on this
> computer, and the problem does not seem to exist on the other
> profiles.
> Can anyone help me with a solution to this problem?
> With thanks,
> Hersh

jerryg50@hotmail.com

He should be able to fix his problem. Changing software is not the
proper fix, if someone likes what they are using.

Jerry G.
======

jerryg50@hotmail.com

Find out where the cache is in your system for your email, and clean it
up.

If the cleanup does not work, go to Add/Remove softwares, and go
through the procedure to remove IE and all of its components. See if
there is a fix in the menu. If not, uninstall it, and re-install it.

Jerry G.
======

Mike Easter

Hersh wrote:
> I am running XP with SP2 and OE6.
> In the past week I have developed a new problem with my Outlook
> Express: When I send emails with attachments over about 40 or 50Kb, I
> get an error box but the error message field is blank; the message
> says "Some errors occured while processing the reqauested tasks.
> Please review the list of errors below for more details."

I think that is coming from some 'static' or non-smooth transacting
between that OE smtp account and the server -- there's trouble, say with
the user/pw or perhaps the filesize [shouldn't be] or the attachment
filetype.

> Nothing appears in the list below. The email message appears to stay
> in my outbox; it asks me to send it when I close and open the
> program; each time I say "yes" it loops back to the same error box;
> it is, in fact sending the message, but multiple times.

Hmm. Staying in the outbox when it actually has been sent sounds like
OE tho't the problem was not surmounted.

Shaw sez you should be able to send a 7-10 meg msg
http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/CustomerCar...iceDetails.htm
Maximum outbound message size: Sending through SMTP server 7 MB before
encoding (10 MB total)

> created a new OE identity and imported all my old files and
> addresses. I thought that fixed the problem but it didn't.

That is tantamount to removing and replacing the mail account, which I
would have recommended

> There
> are several user profiles on this computer, and the problem does not
> seem to exist on the other profiles.

That sounds like there is trouble with the server and that user/pw. If
you are the main account holder, you could create a new email account
and experiment with that.

> Can anyone help me with a solution to this problem?

At nearby pages to the above link, shaw has some unexpected things to
say; you might want to look around in that email questions and trouble
shooting zone

"The Internet email standard states that no string of text should exceed
1000 characters. For long paragraphs, the program being used to compose
the message should insert a line break to avoid violating the standard.
Some web-based email services, such as Yahoo! and Hotmail do not
currently insert a line break. Because Shaw's email system strictly
adheres to the standard, it does not accept any text beyond the first
1000 characters, and unfortunately this means that some longer
paragraphs may be cut short."

"Some users-especially users with home network routers-may be unable to
connect using "shawmail" as the server name. If you're experiencing this
problem, try using the full server name for your region,"

"Autoreply Maximum autoreply message length is 400 characters "

"Forwarding Messages can be forwarded to a single email address only "

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

Mike Easter wrote:
> Hersh wrote:
>> "Some errors occured while processing the reqauested tasks.
>> Please review the list of errors below for more details."

> I think that is coming from some 'static' or non-smooth transacting
> between that OE smtp account and the server -- there's trouble, say
> with the user/pw or perhaps the filesize [shouldn't be] or the
> attachment filetype.

You might be able to see some transacting trouble by logging the
transaction with your OE troubleshooting gizmo.

OE/ Tools/ Options/ Maintenance tab/ Troubleshooting section - check
Mail temporarily.

Then try to email one of your trouble files to yourself or someone else
so that you can recreate the effect. After that has been accomplished,
turn off the logging function; if you forget about it and leave it on
forever, it will become huge -- but it isn't so large -- you can leave
it on a little while or days during troubleshooting.

The log file is saved as smtp.log [also pop3.log for incoming] in the
GUID folder for OE. It is easiest to find by searching with your Find
function.

In that file, each entry is a timestamp with a rx or tx for receive or
transmit between OE and the server. Sometimes something shows up in
there when there's 'friction' between the two.

--
Mike Easter

Sasha23 Sasha23 is offline
Junior Member

Hello Hersh and everyone,

I have been experiencing exactly the same problem like Hersh. I work from home and send a lot of emails with attachments to my clients. This really is a big problem for me because I am starting to scare off clients who have complained that they got my same message 12 times. At the same time, the said message was sitting in my outbox pretending not to be sent.

Just wanted to know if Hersh has managed to fix the problem somehow.

Thanks,

Sasha

Sasha23 Sasha23 is offline
Junior Member

sorry and more precisely, how have u managed to fix it?