Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AIM Ad Remover

AIM Ad Remover

Gary

Hi all just wondering if there is a tool out there for AIM to remove the
Ad's in it. Also I was informed that I can remove code to take out the ad
without downloading more mysterious Junk on my PC and what would the code be
and where???

I am on a XP Pro, PC P4 HT, 3.0 GHZ, 1 MB RAM,

Thanks
DIGS

Evan Platt

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:06:01 GMT, "Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi all just wondering if there is a tool out there for AIM to remove the
>Ad's in it. Also I was informed that I can remove code to take out the ad
>without downloading more mysterious Junk on my PC and what would the code be
>and where???
>
>I am on a XP Pro, PC P4 HT, 3.0 GHZ, 1 MB RAM,

Use any of the free / opensource IM programs - Gaim, trillian, etc.

Old Gringo

Gary wrote:
> Hi all just wondering if there is a tool out there for AIM to remove the
> Ad's in it. Also I was informed that I can remove code to take out the ad
> without downloading more mysterious Junk on my PC and what would the code be
> and where???
>
> I am on a XP Pro, PC P4 HT, 3.0 GHZ, 1 MB RAM,
>
> Thanks
> DIGS

May be some info here for you:
http://aftermath.dyndns.org:8888/~aimadhack/

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

gordon freeman

wrote:

>Hi all just wondering if there is a tool out there for AIM to remove the
>Ad's in it. Also I was informed that I can remove code to take out the ad
>without downloading more mysterious Junk on my PC and what would the code be
>and where???
>
>I am on a XP Pro, PC P4 HT, 3.0 GHZ, 1 MB RAM,

I use Middle_Man. It also has other useful features. Free.

<http://middleman.krunchsoftware.com/>

Blinky the Shark

Gary wrote:

> Hi all just wondering if there is a tool out there for AIM to remove the
> Ad's in it. Also I was informed that I can remove code to take out the ad
> without downloading more mysterious Junk on my PC and what would the code be
> and where???

Google keyword trillian. It's a compatible chat client w/o ads.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.

Just use the IM program called GAIM. It functions and looks just like AIM,
without the commercial crap.

--Tina
--
http://www.AxisHOST.com - Serving the web since 1997
Very Generous Cpanel Hosting & Fully Managed Servers

news:ZEHre.11804$(E-Mail Removed)...