Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can I do this with the USPS?

Can I do this with the USPS?

Brian

Short history:
I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on ebay
from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd burner not to
function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance replacement approval
from whoe I bought from.

Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box from the
bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my replacement, put in
the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and do RETURN TO SENDER to
return it at no cost to me?

Would this work? Any forseen problems?

aloha
Brian

Mike Easter

Brian wrote:
> Short history:
> I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on
> ebay from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd
> burner not to function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance
> replacement approval from whoe I bought from.

It is possible that the replacement 'package' will contain a returning
package.

> Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box
> from the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my
> replacement, put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and
> do RETURN TO SENDER to return it at no cost to me?

You want to defraud the post office for the cost of mailing a dvd
burner?

You have to be crazy! The US Postal Inspection Service is a seriously
serious law enforcement entity that deals with some heavy crimes. Go to
the website and look at the big star and see if that impresses you.
http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/ U.S. Postal Inspection Service -
More Than 200 Years of Law Enforcement Tradition

You would be better off firebombing your local police station if you
want to flaunt the law.

<That's a joke -- since I'm not so sure of the thinking processes over
on that end.>

> Would this work? Any forseen problems?

I recommend against it. Be optimistic the RMA will come with
'arrangements' for the return.

--
Mike Easter

Maybe

news:IYrre.11735$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Short history:
> I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on ebay
> from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd burner not to
> function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance replacement
> approval from whoe I bought from.
>
> Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box from
> the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my replacement,
> put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and do RETURN TO
> SENDER to return it at no cost to me?
>
> Would this work? Any forseen problems?
>
> aloha
> Brian

Good God! --- you gotta be kidding! Do you believe that the USPS is a
volunteer service?

Brian

No, and I know they earn their money, but I am a poor college student (poor
now that I bought the burner!). I am asking simply because once in my ebay
history, i had to return something and the seller had me do just what I am
asking, take out one thing, put in another and RTS.

"Maybe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vxsre.61711$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:IYrre.11735$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Short history:
>> I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on ebay
>> from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd burner not to
>> function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance replacement
>> approval from whoe I bought from.
>>
>> Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box from
>> the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my replacement,
>> put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and do RETURN TO
>> SENDER to return it at no cost to me?
>>
>> Would this work? Any forseen problems?
>>
>> aloha
>> Brian
>>

> Good God! --- you gotta be kidding! Do you believe that the USPS is a
> volunteer service?

Maybe

newszsre.11737$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No, and I know they earn their money, but I am a poor college student
> (poor now that I bought the burner!). I am asking simply because once in
> my ebay history, i had to return something and the seller had me do just
> what I am asking, take out one thing, put in another and RTS.

Your college better stay clear of the "Honor System"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> "Maybe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vxsre.61711$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:IYrre.11735$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Short history:
>>> I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on ebay
>>> from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd burner not
>>> to < snip>

>>> Would this work? Any forseen problems?
>>>
>>> aloha
>>> Brian
>>>

>> Good God! --- you gotta be kidding! Do you believe that the USPS is a
>> volunteer service?

WormWood

Your scam stops at the desk when trying to mail the box. Postage has
cancellation marks placed at the origin of shipping and of course won't
be accepted for post. Find a new way to make a buck.

news:IYrre.11735$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Short history:
> I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on
> ebay from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd
> burner not to function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance
> replacement approval from whoe I bought from.
>
> Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box
> from the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my
> replacement, put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and
> do RETURN TO SENDER to return it at no cost to me?
>
> Would this work? Any forseen problems?
>
> aloha
> Brian

Barman

news:IYrre.11735$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Short history:
> I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on ebay
> from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd burner not to
> function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance replacement
> approval from whoe I bought from.
>
> Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box from
> the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my replacement,
> put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and do RETURN TO
> SENDER to return it at no cost to me?
>
> Would this work? Any forseen problems?
>
> aloha
> Brian

Yep, it will work!
Do as exactly as you have detailed,
and in the unlikely event that you may
encounter any problems in your scam -
Hire Michael Jacksons legal team, they
have a proven track record in clearing
dubious entities such as yourself.
If that fails, then you can sue me for this
piece of silly advice, in fact you will probably
be able to sue yourself too, for being a fool!
Wishing you evey success.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Mike Easter wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>
>>Short history:
>>I bought a brand new pioneer dvd burner in an external enclosure on
>>ebay from a company. External enclosure is defective causing dvd
>>burner not to function as it should. I have RMA approval and advance
>>replacement approval from whoe I bought from.

> It is possible that the replacement 'package' will contain a returning
> package.
>

>>Now, when they send me my replacement, can I carefully open the box
>>from the bottom (away from all labels and postage), take out my
>>replacement, put in the defective unit, seal it up on the bottom and
>>do RETURN TO SENDER to return it at no cost to me?

> You want to defraud the post office for the cost of mailing a dvd
> burner?
>
> You have to be crazy! The US Postal Inspection Service is a seriously
> serious law enforcement entity that deals with some heavy crimes. Go to
> the website and look at the big star and see if that impresses you.
> http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/ U.S. Postal Inspection Service -
> More Than 200 Years of Law Enforcement Tradition

Like most law enforcement, they flaunt their power intermittently. If
you're small potatoes, they don't give a ****. They don't give a ****
that they don't give a ****. They'd have a lot more fun if you were
impressed that they wear long coats and have Glocks than if you were
impressed with the way they solved a crime.

Troy Piggins

* Brian wrote:
> No, and I know they earn their money, but I am a poor college student
> (poor now that I bought the burner!). I am asking simply because once
> in my ebay history, i had to return something and the seller had me do
> just what I am asking, take out one thing, put in another and RTS.

If you are a poor college student, I bet you are going to use your
burner to pirate music CDs and rip off the music industry too. Where
will your illegal activities end?

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

philo

Brian wrote:
> No, and I know they earn their money, but I am a poor college student (poor
> now that I bought the burner!). I am asking simply because once in my ebay
> history, i had to return something and the seller had me do just what I am
> asking, take out one thing, put in another and RTS.

just send it back to them via regular mail...
it will be very cheap. (maybe $5 )

certainly a lot less than the fine you'll get for committing
a federal crime