Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Guitar through PC

Guitar through PC

is it possible to record from elecric guitar directly to PC?

TIA < : F L I G H T Y : >
--
www.flighty.co.uk

old jon

"< : F L I G H T Y : >" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d8kqt7$gau$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> is it possible to record from elecric guitar directly to PC?
>
> TIA < : F L I G H T Y : >
> --
> www.flighty.co.uk

Yes of course it is. You might not need a pre-amp. bw..J

old jon wrote:
> "< : F L I G H T Y : >" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d8kqt7$gau$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>is it possible to record from elecric guitar directly to PC?
>>
>>TIA < : F L I G H T Y : >
>>--
>>www.flighty.co.uk
>>

> Yes of course it is. You might not need a pre-amp. bw..J

any suggestions how - 3.5mm jack plug to USB connection? Software via
Sound Recorder - I'd like to have a direct input if possible rather than
using a mic.

Cheers

Flighty

Shepİ

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:33:08 +0100 He understood Liz1 so well "< : F
L I G H T Y : >" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>is it possible to record from elecric guitar directly to PC?
>
>TIA < : F L I G H T Y : >

Yes but usually with a crap sound.
However if you have an,"Effects" box then use it's,"Compressor" and
fiddle with the input and out put ranges but be careful.There are many
good Studio Devices on the market to help create a good,"Direct sound"
to mixing concoles/PCs.I've tried a couple of software ones that you
can get off the net and they are crap.
Look for a cheap,"DI"(Direct Injection) box as these pre-amp and
equalize impedances to match the guitar to the PC sound card/mixer
input.

Some direct input sounds can be good but they almost always need to
have compression and graphic equalization applied to sound
acoustically good as a bare minimum.
UK
http://www.millennium-music.co.uk/ho...0EFF&mode=list

USA

http://www.wholenote.com/store/guita...rs/default.asp

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,

Guitar tuning algorithms... SPG Java 4 05-19-2005 01:37 AM
Power Tab: guitar/bass tabulature freeware Ionizer Computer Support 13 02-19-2005 04:03 PM
beginning web pager. Guitar Tabs!!! bjaramil HTML 2 04-28-2004 07:29 PM
beginning web pager. Guitar Tabs bjaramil HTML 2 04-27-2004 12:52 PM
gp3 files in alt.binaries.guitar.tab benja Computer Support 3 12-18-2003 03:45 AM

Advertisments