Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Film Scanner from Tiger Direct

Film Scanner from Tiger Direct

joevan

Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner seems to be a good price but I
seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
to deal with. Any thoughts.

and for the same reason."

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

joevan wrote:

> Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner seems to be a good price but I
> seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
> to deal with. Any thoughts.

Tiger used to have a horrible reputation, worse than horrible. They were
even court ordered to stop fraudulent advertising. But they seem to have
pulled themselves out of that rut. I don't want to endorse them exactly,
but I see very little of the vitriol I used to about them. But for
comparison, nearly every time I compare their price to NewEgg, Tiger
loses out. And NewEgg has an excellent reputation. In this case though,
their nearest item to the Plustek is the Konica Minolta Scan Dual, a
little higher in price.

joevan

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:36:44 -0400, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>joevan wrote:
>
>> Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner seems to be a good price but I
>> seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
>> to deal with. Any thoughts.
>>

>Tiger used to have a horrible reputation, worse than horrible. They were
>even court ordered to stop fraudulent advertising. But they seem to have
>pulled themselves out of that rut. I don't want to endorse them exactly,
>but I see very little of the vitriol I used to about them. But for
>comparison, nearly every time I compare their price to NewEgg, Tiger
>loses out. And NewEgg has an excellent reputation. In this case though,
>their nearest item to the Plustek is the Konica Minolta Scan Dual, a
>little higher in price.

Thank you Roger.
I will check NewEgg too, as I too have had good relations with them.

and for the same reason."

doS

If tiger has a warehouse in the state you live in, they charge state sales
tax also.

"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner seems to be a good price but I
> seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
> to deal with. Any thoughts.
>
> --
> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
> and for the same reason."

Norm

"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner seems to be a good price but I
> seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
> to deal with. Any thoughts.

Call me stupid or what.

I have had not one, but two, bad experiences with Tiger.

I wouldn't deal with them again if they were the last technology company on
earth.

Norm

Blinky the Shark

Rgr wrote:
> joevan wrote:

>> Plustek OpticFilm 7200 Film Scanner seems to be a good price but I
>> seem to recall someone here saying that Tiger was not the best place
>> to deal with. Any thoughts.

> Tiger used to have a horrible reputation, worse than horrible. They were
> even court ordered to stop fraudulent advertising. But they seem to have
> pulled themselves out of that rut. I don't want to endorse them exactly,
> but I see very little of the vitriol I used to about them. But for

Perhaps that's because hardly anybody uses them anymore, because of their
reputation.

> comparison, nearly every time I compare their price to NewEgg, Tiger
> loses out. And NewEgg has an excellent reputation. In this case though,
> their nearest item to the Plustek is the Konica Minolta Scan Dual, a
> little higher in price.

I've had good luck with NewEgg.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263