Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Squid/ie6

Squid/ie6

supernogeek

I am using ie6(sp1) on a server 2003 machine with authentication throug
a squid proxy server...whenever I open my ie the authentication box doe
not appear and I can't access the internet...help

--
supernogee
supernogeek's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1369

why?

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:02:04 -0500, supernogeek wrote:

See the system admin.

Strangely enough although no my preferred route, using MS ISA and the
client login to a domain does automatic authentication for domain
accounts..

>I am using ie6(sp1) on a server 2003 machine with authentication through
>a squid proxy server...whenever I open my ie the authentication box does
>not appear and I can't access the internet...help?

That's just the www part? It seems the nntp bit of the internet is okay.

For your system admin,
http://www.squid-cache.org/
and
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-5.html