Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer problems

Internet Explorer problems

rricci94402@yahoo.com

First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear that,
so please keep that to yourself.
What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they refuse
to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line. I have SP 2
installed, but I have the pop-up blocker turned off. I don't have any
other software (that I know of) running to block sites. Can someone
help me get IE to stop this?
TIA

joevan

On 10 Jun 2005 13:23:29 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear that,
>so please keep that to yourself.
> What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they refuse
>to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line. I have SP 2
>installed, but I have the pop-up blocker turned off. I don't have any
>other software (that I know of) running to block sites. Can someone
>help me get IE to stop this?
>TIA

**** happens all the time.

-- "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
and for the same reason."

Ionizer

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> First of all, I know IE is lame,
> What I need to know is,

So you're using software which you apparently "know" to be problematic
and you're having problems with it. Why are you looking for a
workaround to your problem instead of using less "lame" alternative
software?

--
Ian.

Barney

(E-Mail Removed) had
writtennews:(E-Mail Removed) ooglegroups.com:

> First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear
> that, so please keep that to yourself.
> What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they
> refuse
> to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line.

Is the page blank at this point? If your security settings are set to
high it would possibly cause the problem as well. Check and see what
add ons MIE is using. internet options/programs/manage add ons..

Most of the world uses MIE and consequently can't be that lame.

--
Barney __________________________
Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!

Shepİ

On 10 Jun 2005 13:23:29 -0700 He understood Liz1 so well
(E-Mail Removed) wrote :

>First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear that,
>so please keep that to yourself.
> What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they refuse
>to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line. I have SP 2
>installed, but I have the pop-up blocker turned off. I don't have any
>other software (that I know of) running to block sites. Can someone
>help me get IE to stop this?
>TIA

Have you a,"Firewall" installed?

Have you a 3rd party IE ToolBar installed?

Most,"Pop-up"stoppers can be temporarily disabled for quick link usage
by holding down either the Ctrl Key or the Alt key on the keyboard.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,

WormWood

IE is lame IE is lame IE is lame IE is lame IE is lame IE is lame IE is
lame IE is lame

In case you weren't aware of that.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear
> that,
> so please keep that to yourself.
> What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they refuse
> to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line. I have SP 2
> installed, but I have the pop-up blocker turned off. I don't have any
> other software (that I know of) running to block sites. Can someone
> help me get IE to stop this?
> TIA

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear that,
> so please keep that to yourself.
> What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they refuse
> to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line. I have SP 2

Look in tools | Internet options | Security, Private, or Advanced.

There may be something there you have to re-enabled that got disabled.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

rricci94402@yahoo.com

:
> > First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear
> > that, so please keep that to yourself.
> > What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they
> > refuse
> > to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line.

> Is the page blank at this point?

No, it wasn't, but...

> If your security settings are set to
> high it would possibly cause the problem as well.

Nope. That wasn't it either. Care to take one more crack at it?

> Check and see what
> add ons MIE is using. internet options/programs/manage add ons..

That did the trick. Thanks for the CRYSTAL CLEAR instructions.

Most of the world uses MIE and consequently can't be that lame.

Before, I go on, Barney, this part is NOT directed at you, so PLEASE
don't take offense at this:

I really don't think the world has a right to know why I use IE, but
I'm used to it, it's on most computers, and does what I want (most of
the time). If you think IE is lame, fine. But don't try to ram your
opinions down my throat. I like Jazz music, but do I force you to
listen to it?

Opinions are like assholes....everyone's got one
--

That did the trick. Thanks for the CRYSTAL CLEAR instructions. I
haven't been to your site yet, but if the above is any indication, you

P.S. If you care to know, the offending p

Toolman Tim

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

<snip>

> I really don't think the world has a right to know why I use IE, but
> I'm used to it, it's on most computers, and does what I want (most of
> the time). If you think IE is lame, fine. But don't try to ram your
> opinions down my throat. I like Jazz music, but do I force you to
> listen to it?

I tend to agree with you. I have a small network at the office with 40 some
computers. I don't want to learn how to install, configure, and fix multiple
browsers, email clients, etc. So when I took over the computer servicing, I
got rid of everything else, and told them to leave it that way.

It's no different that "penguin pushing". The Linux users think that by
bashing the Windows users they'll change their minds. Not! (Yes, I've used
Linux. I don't mind it a bit. But I have applications that are Windows
based, and I'll be staying with Windows, thank you very much <g>)

Blinky the Shark

Toolman Tim wrote:

> It's no different that "penguin pushing". The Linux users think that by
> bashing the Windows users they'll change their minds. Not! (Yes, I've used

Not really. It's just fun to point and laugh.

-
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263