Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > i cant post, or reply to messages in IE

i cant post, or reply to messages in IE

junkmail

no, not here, im posting, but over the last 4 weeks , i can use ie to browse
sites, and download. but on message boards, I can read posts, but when i
reply, i fill out the information, but it hangs on the upload.

i thought it was thier servers, but then i tried it on my laptop, nad it
worked fine.

im unsure what might be causing this....

x@y

"junkmail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> no, not here, im posting, but over the last 4 weeks , i can use ie to browse
> sites, and download. but on message boards, I can read posts, but when i
> reply, i fill out the information, but it hangs on the upload.
>
> i thought it was thier servers, but then i tried it on my laptop, nad it
> worked fine.
>
> im unsure what might be causing this....

Some Info here: http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/

Good Luck x@y.

Joel Rubin

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:15:03 GMT, "junkmail" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>no, not here, im posting, but over the last 4 weeks , i can use ie to browse
>sites, and download. but on message boards, I can read posts, but when i
>reply, i fill out the information, but it hangs on the upload.
>
>i thought it was thier servers, but then i tried it on my laptop, nad it
>worked fine.

Here is a post I am making on the same news server as you are using,
using telnet (I'm using XP which has telnet in a DOS box.)

Note that the telnet interface does NOT allow you to use backspace as
a correction and if you are using the Win95/98/ME telnet program you
will have to specify local echo or else you won't see what you're
typing.

You might want to try this on the machine on which you are having a
problem. If this works, then the problem is most likely on your
Outlook Express configuration.

Lines which begin with a number are server responses.

Note that a posting ends with a period on a line by itself.

telnet news.west.earthlink.net 119
200 EarthLink UseNet Service Ready -- Please Authenticate (Tornado
v1.0.5)
authinfo user http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
381 More Authentication Required
authinfo pass [my password]
281 Authentication Accepted
post
340 Send Article to be Posted
From: (E-Mail Removed)
Newsgroups: misc.test
Subject: This is a test

Test.
..
240 Article Posted
quit
205 GoodBye

Connection to host lost.

John Spieo \(MSCE\)

What website are you using to browse/post to newsgroups using IE?

John
Unlimited newsgroup access as low as $2.95
http://www.newsgroups-download.com/

news:Xmmpe.596$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...