Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > How can I encode/decode clock signal and data?

How can I encode/decode clock signal and data?

MNQ

Hi All

I'm trying to determine how I can encode my clock signal onto my serial
data. My clock is 16MHz and my data is 2 MHz. Can anyone point me in the
correct direction.

Thanks

frustrated Naveed

Mike Treseler

MNQ wrote:

> I'm trying to determine how I can encode my clock signal onto my serial
> data. My clock is 16MHz and my data is 2 MHz. Can anyone point me in
> the correct direction.

Google the word "encoder" along with
the first name of a world-famous
English football club.

Hope the next one is an
odd-numbered problem.

-- Mike Treseler

Eyck Jentzsch

MNQ wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm trying to determine how I can encode my clock signal onto my serial
> data. My clock is 16MHz and my data is 2 MHz. Can anyone point me in the
> correct direction.
>
> Thanks
>
> frustrated Naveed

Check Google for a "manchester encoder"