Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Netstat an antitrojan/antispyware tool

Netstat an antitrojan/antispyware tool

Joel Rubin

Might I suggest that every so often, when you are connected to the
internet but have no legitimate clients/servers running, you oprn up a
command line (DOS/shell) box and run netstat -an. Learn what's normal.

If you find that you are listening on a weird port like 24573 and are
suspicious add the b (Windows) or p (Linux) flag. (netstat -anb) (this
takes longer) to find out what progie is using 24573.

°Mike°

In <A2Yoe.23$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
Joel Rubin took 8 lines to utter:

<snip>

>If you find that you are listening on a weird port like 24573 and are
>suspicious add the b (Windows) or p (Linux) flag. (netstat -anb)

Better to use 'netstat -anbv' if you are suspicious -- this displays
the sequence of processes used for making the connection.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

The Muffin Man

°Mike° wrote:
> In <A2Yoe.23$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> Joel Rubin took 8 lines to utter:
>
> <snip>
>
>>If you find that you are listening on a weird port like 24573 and are
>>suspicious add the b (Windows) or p (Linux) flag. (netstat -anb)

> Better to use 'netstat -anbv' if you are suspicious -- this displays
> the sequence of processes used for making the connection.
>
> <snip>

Thanks for the info.

netstat.exe foreign address Curley Bur˘h Computer Support 5 12-19-2010 09:13 AM
netstat Jan Faerber HTML 1 01-20-2006 06:32 PM
netstat question tokyosky Firefox 13 12-29-2005 05:41 PM
Netstat command =?Utf-8?B?V2FsbHk=?= Wireless Networking 1 03-25-2005 07:08 PM
netstat velc Computer Support 7 06-30-2004 04:36 AM

Advertisments