Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > bogus messages from register@syr.edu and administrator@syr.edu

bogus messages from register@syr.edu and administrator@syr.edu

ndbergej

Yesterday, arround 6 pm I openned an e-mail from http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) that
crashed
my computer when I openned the attachment and today I had an email from
(E-Mail Removed) that had the same 74k attachment which I did not open.

Toolman Tim

"ndbergej" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Yesterday, arround 6 pm I openned an e-mail from (E-Mail Removed) that
> crashed
> my computer when I openned the attachment and today I had an email from
> (E-Mail Removed) that had the same 74k attachment which I did not
> open.

Were you *expecting* Mail from syr.edu? If not, then why in h*** did you
open it? That is just ASKING for crap. You'd better scan your system for
malware - trojans, dialers, adware, spyware, worms, etc. Then REALLY REALLY
think about what you're doing opening email.

Blinky the Shark

ndbergej wrote:

> Yesterday, arround 6 pm I openned an e-mail from (E-Mail Removed) that
> crashed
> my computer when I openned the attachment and today I had an email from
> (E-Mail Removed) that had the same 74k attachment which I did not open.

And are you a student or graduate of Syracuse, so you had ANY REASON IN
THE ****ING WORLD to open that email?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Plato

ndbergej wrote:

> Yesterday, arround 6 pm I openned an e-mail from (E-Mail Removed) that
> crashed
> my computer when I openned the attachment and today I had an email from
> (E-Mail Removed) that had the same 74k attachment which I did not open.

Please explain why you would even read, much less open the attachement?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Any good sites that list bogus employment emails and scams? thingy NZ Computing 6 03-08-2007 12:05 AM
NTP on a router picking up a bogus server John Caruso Cisco 5 11-26-2005 04:58 PM
bogus questions on PrepLogic Tina MCSD 3 10-11-2004 11:24 PM
Filtering bogus TCP packets David Cisco 5 06-03-2004 12:45 PM
This is such a bogus article George Hester ASP .Net 1 07-31-2003 12:37 PM

Advertisments