Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > file listing

file listing

sue

Is there a program that will list all the names of the files in a directory?

ScareCrow

Yeh, it's called windows.

"sue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42a223ed$0$294$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a program that will list all the names of the files in a

directory?

@}-}-------Rosee

FolderPrint3.32 worked famously in Win98 and also in WinXP if
you copy and paste the path when FolderPrint requires it. I
see someone has updated it, but I have not tried it.

http://www.homestead.com/algor/

I didn't like Karen's Directory Print, but your mileage may
vary.....;o)

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

"sue" <(E-Mail Removed)> chiseled in stone, the following words
news:42a223ed$0$294$(E-Mail Removed):

> Is there a program that will list all the names of the files in a
> directory?

WormWood

Hit the 'Start' button and open Windows Explorer.

"sue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42a223ed$0$294$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a program that will list all the names of the files in a
> directory?

sue

Sorry... and save the contents to a text file?

GeorgeD

sue wrote:

> Is there a program that will list all the names of the files in a directory?

Try ExplorerXP, www.explorerxp.com. It can copy file information as
text. It is freeware. Filemonkey is another alternative.

James

"sue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42a223ed$0$294$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a program that will list all the names of the files in a
> directory?

Go to start> RUN

type COMMAND

go to the directoty you want listed (cd c:\my music\mp3s\) etc...

type DIR > list.txt

open list.txt in any text editor.

VOILA... list of directory