Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The problem with Zone Alarm

The problem with Zone Alarm

elaich

The problem with Zone Alarm is that it was purchased and is now owned
by Check Point, an Israeli outfit suspected of being in the espionage
racket for Mossad.

Check Point Software Technologies Ltd
3A Jabotinsky St., Diamond Tower
Ramat Gan, 52520, Israel

If you want to trust an application with such suspicious ownership that is
supposed to be protecting your computer, and that ALSO stays in contact
with home base at all times, that's your perogative.

--
"No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
want to know is - why not?"

What's in a Name?

elaich wrote:
> The problem with Zone Alarm is that it was purchased and is now owned
> by Check Point, an Israeli outfit suspected of being in the espionage
> racket for Mossad.
>
> Check Point Software Technologies Ltd
> 3A Jabotinsky St., Diamond Tower
> Ramat Gan, 52520, Israel
>
> If you want to trust an application with such suspicious ownership that is
> supposed to be protecting your computer, and that ALSO stays in contact
> with home base at all times, that's your perogative.

Talk about suspicious,what about the relationship between the white
house and the house of bin laden.I would rather trust the Mossad-at
least you know what side they're on.

Annette Kurten

"elaich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The problem with Zone Alarm is that it was purchased and is now owned
> by Check Point, an Israeli outfit suspected of being in the espionage
> racket for Mossad.
>
> Check Point Software Technologies Ltd
> 3A Jabotinsky St., Diamond Tower
> Ramat Gan, 52520, Israel
>
> If you want to trust an application with such suspicious ownership that is
> supposed to be protecting your computer, and that ALSO stays in contact
> with home base at all times, that's your perogative.
>
> --

I have an Italian car, but that does not mean I trust the eyeties

clot

Annette Kurten wrote:
> "elaich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The problem with Zone Alarm is that it was purchased and is now owned
>> by Check Point, an Israeli outfit suspected of being in the espionage
>> racket for Mossad.
>>
>> Check Point Software Technologies Ltd
>> 3A Jabotinsky St., Diamond Tower
>> Ramat Gan, 52520, Israel
>>
>> If you want to trust an application with such suspicious ownership
>> that is supposed to be protecting your computer, and that ALSO stays
>> in contact with home base at all times, that's your perogative.
>>
>> --

> I have an Italian car, but that does not mean I trust the eyeties

The eyeties notably don't these days, but for their sake I hope it
doesn't go the way BLMC did!

fkasner

elaich wrote:
> The problem with Zone Alarm is that it was purchased and is now owned
> by Check Point, an Israeli outfit suspected of being in the espionage
> racket for Mossad.
>
> Check Point Software Technologies Ltd
> 3A Jabotinsky St., Diamond Tower
> Ramat Gan, 52520, Israel
>
> If you want to trust an application with such suspicious ownership that is
> supposed to be protecting your computer, and that ALSO stays in contact
> with home base at all times, that's your perogative.

I usually place little if any credence in claims by people who can't
spell. And that's my prerogative.
FK

Annette Kurten

"fkasner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news_rne.4970$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> elaich wrote:
> > The problem with Zone Alarm is that it was purchased and is now owned
> > by Check Point, an Israeli outfit suspected of being in the espionage
> > racket for Mossad.
> >
> > Check Point Software Technologies Ltd
> > 3A Jabotinsky St., Diamond Tower
> > Ramat Gan, 52520, Israel
> >
> > If you want to trust an application with such suspicious ownership that

is
> > supposed to be protecting your computer, and that ALSO stays in contact
> > with home base at all times, that's your perogative.
> >

> I usually place little if any credence in claims by people who can't
> spell. And that's my prerogative.

alt.privacy.spyware
are bitching about this too paranoia or what?

elaich

fkasner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news_rne.4970$Ag1.4406
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

> I usually place little if any credence in claims by people who can't
> spell. And that's my prerogative.

Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention, or my fingers slipped.

That's the main reason I make these kinds of posts occasionally. It
brings a lot of these petty little people out of the woodwork, who mainly
post only to put down someone who stepped on the toes of one of their
favorite programs, so I can get them in the killfile. See, it's all by
design.

You made no attempt at any discussion or defense of the product, just a
nasty remark. Killfiling you cleans up my Usenet experience, since it's
highly unlikely you'll ever make any intelligent response to anything.