Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to save files in media player

How to save files in media player

Steve59

When I click on a link like this one
http://www.fotbolti.net/annad/liverpool.wmv
it opens windows media player a plays it.
How do I save it?
I don't get the option of opening or saving and I can't find an option
in WMP to save the file.

Ste

pcbutts1

File>save as...

"Steve59" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I click on a link like this one
> http://www.fotbolti.net/annad/liverpool.wmv
> it opens windows media player a plays it.
> How do I save it?
> I don't get the option of opening or saving and I can't find an option
> in WMP to save the file.
>
> Ste

Evan Platt

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:34:04 +0100, Steve59
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I click on a link like this one
>http://www.fotbolti.net/annad/liverpool.wmv
>it opens windows media player a plays it.
>How do I save it?
>I don't get the option of opening or saving and I can't find an option
>in WMP to save the file.

Depending on the web browser where you click the link, right click,
and select save as.

Steve59

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:02:40 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:34:04 +0100, Steve59
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>When I click on a link like this one
>>http://www.fotbolti.net/annad/liverpool.wmv
>>it opens windows media player a plays it.
>>How do I save it?
>>I don't get the option of opening or saving and I can't find an option
>>in WMP to save the file.

>Depending on the web browser where you click the link, right click,
>and select save as.

The link is from a newsgroup message(Agent) there is no save option on
right click.

Ste

Steve59

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:02:35 GMT, "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>File>save as...

Cheers, I knew it would be bloody simple.

Ste

jazzman2005@bikerider.com

slightly off topic >>

any embedded movie i.e. wmv, swf (flash) etc that you have watched in
full can usually be found in the temporary internet files.

r-click start > search and use *.wmv etc as filename and C:\ drive as
location. when found, r-click drag to desktop and save.