Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What type of Ram do I have?

What type of Ram do I have?

zoids

IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?

It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
Other than pulling it out, how do i know?

Thanks in advance.

Emrys Davies

"zoids" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:429d94ca$(E-Mail Removed)...
> IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
>
> It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
> Other than pulling it out, how do i know?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Memory Explained:

http://www.ahinc.com/hhmemory.htm

This little tool will give you the data which you need.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/belarc.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Duane ;-\)

"zoids" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:429d94ca$(E-Mail Removed)...
> IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
>
> It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
> Other than pulling it out, how do i know?

If you have a brand name computer, then you can select the manufacture and
take it from there.

http://www.crucial.com/

Duane

cineman

you can use a tool called hwinfo which is available as shareware download
from this location
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...d,15421,00.asp
or
http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html

there are other locations
its 14 day free trial and very useful

"zoids" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:429d94ca$(E-Mail Removed)...
> IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
>
> It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
> Other than pulling it out, how do i know?
>
> Thanks in advance.

elaich

"zoids" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:429d94ca$(E-Mail Removed):

> IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
>
> It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
> Other than pulling it out, how do i know?

Pulling it out is the best way, though. Any RAM you buy MUST exactly match
what's printed on your existing card(s). You can't mix PC100 with PC133,
buffered with non buffered, etc.

--
"No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
want to know is - why not?"

Buffalo

"elaich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "zoids" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:429d94ca$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
> >
> > It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
> > Other than pulling it out, how do i know?

> Pulling it out is the best way, though. Any RAM you buy MUST exactly match
> what's printed on your existing card(s).You can't mix PC100 with PC133,
> buffered with non buffered, etc.

Not really true overall. It doesn't have to be an exact match.
You cannot mix ECC with non-ECC.
You cannot mix DDR with SDram.
You ususally can mix SDram Cl-2 with Cl-3.
If you are only running a FSB of 100Mhz, you can usually mix PC100 with PC133.

Your statement that "Any RAM you buy MUST exactly match
what's printed on your existing card(s)" is not at all true.

> --
> "No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
> want to know is - why not?"

Buffalo

"elaich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "zoids" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:429d94ca$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
> >
> > It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
> > Other than pulling it out, how do i know?

> Pulling it out is the best way, though. Any RAM you buy MUST exactly match
> what's printed on your existing card(s). You can't mix PC100 with PC133,
> buffered with non buffered, etc.
>
> --
> "No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
> want to know is - why not?"

Your knowledge about ram almost equals your knowledge about Zone Alarm.
Please don't advise on what you have no factual understanding of.

elaich

"Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Your knowledge about ram almost equals your knowledge about Zone Alarm.
> Please don't advise on what you have no factual understanding of.

You had to post twice to make that pointless point?

--
"No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
want to know is - why not?"

Buffalo

"elaich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Your knowledge about ram almost equals your knowledge about Zone Alarm.
> > Please don't advise on what you have no factual understanding of.

> You had to post twice to make that pointless point?

I thought it was 'pointed' right at you.