Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Blue Filenames?

Reply
Thread Tools

Blue Filenames?

 
 
JAMIE LOWRY
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2005
Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please I have Windows XP
Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of my files have blue
filenames instead of the regular black ones. There are also files in My
Documents and a few other folders too. Does anybody know what this means?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JANATARD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2005
These are pornography files.

"JAMIE LOWRY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Rx7ne.57406$(E-Mail Removed). uk
> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please I have
> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
> are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
> anybody know what this means?


--
Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
news:(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JAMIE LOWRY
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2005
And you're an arse!

Does anybody have any "real" answers?



"JANATARD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) d-ugly-pubic-crab.org...
> These are pornography files.
>
> "JAMIE LOWRY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Rx7ne.57406$(E-Mail Removed). uk
>> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please I have
>> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
>> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
>> are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
>> anybody know what this means?

>
> --
> Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
> JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
> news:(E-Mail Removed)



 
Reply With Quote
 
Rebecca
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2005
JAMIE LOWRY wrote:
> And you're an arse!
>
> Does anybody have any "real" answers?



They are _GAY_ pornography files.


>
>
>
> "JANATARD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) d-ugly-pubic-crab.org...
>> These are pornography files.
>>
>> "JAMIE LOWRY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Rx7ne.57406$(E-Mail Removed). uk
>>> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please I have
>>> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
>>> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones.
>>> There are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too.
>>> Does anybody know what this means?



 
Reply With Quote
 
JAMIE LOWRY
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2005
Oh, I thought they were a virus or something!! Thanks JT, you're a star!

Rebecca, you're a tart! Try being a bit nicer to people.


"JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Compressed files...
> "JAMIE LOWRY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Rx7ne.57406$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please I have Windows
>> XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of my files
>> have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There are also
>> files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does anybody know what
>> this means?
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
JT
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2005
Compressed files...
"JAMIE LOWRY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Rx7ne.57406$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please I have Windows XP
> Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of my files have
> blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There are also files in
> My Documents and a few other folders too. Does anybody know what this
> means?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
* * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x x , d 2 0 0 4
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2005
JANATARD wrote:
> These are pornography files.


they're compressed files on NTFS. Maybe the OP used disk cleaner

>
> "JAMIE LOWRY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Rx7ne.57406$(E-Mail Removed). uk
> > Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please I have
> > Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
> > my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
> > are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
> > anybody know what this means?

>
> --
> Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
> JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
> news:(E-Mail Removed)


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave Lear
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2005
"JAMIE LOWRY" wrote in message
news:Rx7ne.57406$(E-Mail Removed). uk

> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please I have
> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and
> some of my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black
> ones. There are also files in My Documents and a few other folders
> too. Does anybody know what this means?


http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...ssedcolor.mspx

Black = uncompressed / unencrypted
Blue = NTFS compressed
Green = EFS encrypted


 
Reply With Quote
 
fidox
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2005
These have been compressed by XP....


"JANATARD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) d-ugly-pubic-crab.org...
> These are pornography files.
>
> "JAMIE LOWRY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Rx7ne.57406$(E-Mail Removed). uk
>> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please I have
>> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
>> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
>> are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
>> anybody know what this means?

>
> --
> Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
> JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
> news:(E-Mail Removed)



 
Reply With Quote
 
Grendel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2005

"JAMIE LOWRY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e%7ne.57579$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>
> Does anybody have any "real" answers?


Blue files are just compressed files.

These can either be compressed by the cleanup process, or you can manually
compress files (right-click, properties, advanced, check the check box).

Grendel.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue Frog / Blue Security? Kyle :o\) Computer Support 11 04-26-2006 10:59 AM
Review: Mutant Mods' 24 UV Reactive Blue EL Wire Wrapped R Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 0 06-20-2005 03:47 AM
Review: Mutant Mods' 80mm Blue Quad LED Fan Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 0 06-20-2005 03:45 AM
DVD Verdict reviews: THE BLUE LAGOON AND RETURN TO THE BLUE LAGOON DOUBLE FEATURE and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 03-18-2005 09:14 AM



Advertisments