Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > NCO DESIGN

NCO DESIGN

Patrick

Hi everybody,

I would like to implement a NCO (Numerical Controlled Oscillator).

The output is a square wave. The reference clock is 352 MHz.
I want the output varies by step of 2,841ns around a 22MHz square signal.

What is the simplest way to implement it :

if rising_edge(clk_ref) then
count <= count + 1 + in;
end;

if (count>=16) then
output <= 1;
count <= 0;
else
output <= 0;
end;

Charles M. Elias

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Patrick) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to implement a NCO (Numerical Controlled Oscillator).
>
> The output is a square wave. The reference clock is 352 MHz.
> I want the output varies by step of 2,841ns around a 22MHz square signal.
>
> What is the simplest way to implement it :
>
> if rising_edge(clk_ref) then
> count <= count + 1 + in;
> end;
>
> if (count>=16) then
> output <= 1;
> count <= 0;
> else
> output <= 0;
> end;

I am no expert on NCOs, but here is a good website for the basic
theory of operation. It will not tell you the best way to implement a
VHDL design. I expect this depends on your target device. You can
also download a simulator if you wish.

Charles

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5611/dds.html

NCO & DownConverter routines IZ5FCY Roberto VHDL 0 09-08-2006 08:31 AM
ANN: Tyd-IP Code Generator now adds NCO design capability stenasc@yahoo.com VHDL 0 07-20-2006 11:23 AM
NCO Files J J Computer Support 3 10-22-2005 01:05 PM
error trying to simulate NCO form quartus in matlab Juan Carlos Allica VHDL 0 07-15-2005 05:29 PM
NCO design implementation Rami VHDL 1 04-21-2004 08:02 AM

Advertisments