Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > tweaking road runner to get the most speed

tweaking road runner to get the most speed

Douglas Thiesmeyer

hi my name is doug and im posting today to ask if and how do I tweak my road
runner connection to get the maximum speed I can get please let me know and
email me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) have a nice day!!!

MrGrumpy

Good of you to post your email add.
Enjoy the spam

"Douglas Thiesmeyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ucVme.10948$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi my name is doug and im posting today to ask if and how do I tweak my

road
> runner connection to get the maximum speed I can get please let me know

and
> email me at (E-Mail Removed) have a nice day!!!

Walter Mautner

Douglas Thiesmeyer wrote:

> hi my name is doug and im posting today to ask if and how do I tweak my
> road runner connection to get the maximum speed I can get please let me
> know and email me at (E-Mail Removed) have a nice day!!!

No mail today. Except tomorrow or next week, when the usenet address
harvesters have done their work and you drown in spam.
Btw. keyword is "traffic shaping" or "QoS", you need to limit your download
to about 80-90 percent of your bandwidth, otherwise the router queues get
clogged and upload (response/acknowledge) packets get dropped which results
in poor response times. A good tool is wondershaper (for linux that is ).
You may also find something about mtu and tcp window on google, plus some
tools to set / mess / foobar your parameters .
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

Pix 501-Road Runner Cable bgt Cisco 1 04-26-2004 05:54 PM
Really stumped on router connected to time warner road runner internet Eugene Cisco 4 04-26-2004 01:50 AM
can anyone tell me why i'm having problems with road runner Computer Support 4 12-19-2003 02:28 AM
E-Mail Bouncing Back From Road Runner NonSuch Computer Support 5 11-30-2003 08:50 PM
E.mail address problems with Road Runner Christine Moore Computer Support 1 07-05-2003 05:27 AM

Advertisments