Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spyware Removal

Spyware Removal

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

I hope someone can help! I recently signed up for a 15-day trial of
CounterSpy and for those 15 days I had no spyware. But now suddenly after
the trial period is over I am flooded with spyware! So faar it's found
AdRotator, InstaFinder and Second Thought. None of the freebies can seem to
find these (AdAware or Spybot) and I'm scared there's much more on my
system.

How can I get rid of these baddies? I tried to download the Microsoft Beta
spyware but it seems my pre-built PC (by a local company) used a hacked
serial number on my Windows XP and I cannot download it. I'm stuck! HELP!!

--
Kyle

$1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
reply. Money gets faster attention

pcbutts1

Adaware and Spybot does find them, you have to update them.

"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I hope someone can help! I recently signed up for a 15-day trial of
>CounterSpy and for those 15 days I had no spyware. But now suddenly after
>the trial period is over I am flooded with spyware! So faar it's found
>AdRotator, InstaFinder and Second Thought. None of the freebies can seem
>to find these (AdAware or Spybot) and I'm scared there's much more on my
>system.
>
> How can I get rid of these baddies? I tried to download the Microsoft
> Beta spyware but it seems my pre-built PC (by a local company) used a
> hacked serial number on my Windows XP and I cannot download it. I'm
> stuck! HELP!!
>
> --
> Kyle
>
> Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
> $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
> obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect
> a reply. Money gets faster attention

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

In news:NYsme.168$(E-Mail Removed), pcbutts1
<(E-Mail Removed)> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
placed fingers to keyboard for this:

> Adaware and Spybot does find them, you have to update them.

I was able to manually delete them ... thanks!

Ron Martell

"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I hope someone can help! I recently signed up for a 15-day trial of
>CounterSpy and for those 15 days I had no spyware. But now suddenly after
>the trial period is over I am flooded with spyware! So faar it's found
>AdRotator, InstaFinder and Second Thought. None of the freebies can seem to
>find these (AdAware or Spybot) and I'm scared there's much more on my
>system.
>
>How can I get rid of these baddies? I tried to download the Microsoft Beta
>spyware but it seems my pre-built PC (by a local company) used a hacked
>serial number on my Windows XP and I cannot download it. I'm stuck! HELP!!

Is your product from Sunbelt Software (http://sunbelt-software.com)?

If that is the right company then it is based on the Giant Antispyware
code, which is what Microsoft purchased and now calls Microsoft
Antispyware, and should be an okay product.

However this behavior (detecting spyware after the free trial has
expired) is just too much of a coincidence, in my opinion.

When I see your reply I will investigate further.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP