Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Defragment

Defragment

yakis

Hi All,
When I tried to defragment my C drive (system drive) this morning,
the defragmentation stayed at 1% and did nothing further. I stopped
it and retried, same thing happened. Please can some one help me with some
advice? My OS is Win Xp Pro SP1. NAV 2005.
Thank a lot
yakis

Old Gringo

yakis wrote:
> Hi All,
> When I tried to defragment my C drive (system drive) this morning,
> the defragmentation stayed at 1% and did nothing further. I stopped
> it and retried, same thing happened. Please can some one help me with some
> advice? My OS is Win Xp Pro SP1. NAV 2005.
> Thank a lot
> yakis

Re-boot into safe mode and defrag. Then do it frequently

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

yakis

Thanks a lot for the immidiate reply Old Gringo.

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LDrme.78$(E-Mail Removed)...
> yakis wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> When I tried to defragment my C drive (system drive) this morning,
>> the defragmentation stayed at 1% and did nothing further. I stopped
>> it and retried, same thing happened. Please can some one help me with
>> some advice? My OS is Win Xp Pro SP1. NAV 2005.
>> Thank a lot
>> yakis

> Re-boot into safe mode and defrag. Then do it frequently
>
> --
> Old Gringo George
> Magic Weaver Of Life
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

Old Gringo

yakis wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the immidiate reply Old Gringo.
>

> "Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:LDrme.78$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>yakis wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All,
>>>When I tried to defragment my C drive (system drive) this morning,
>>>the defragmentation stayed at 1% and did nothing further. I stopped
>>>it and retried, same thing happened. Please can some one help me with
>>>some advice? My OS is Win Xp Pro SP1. NAV 2005.
>>>Thank a lot
>>>yakis

>>Re-boot into safe mode and defrag. Then do it frequently

You are more than welcome

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

jeff

On Mon, 30 May 2005 00:45:45 +0200, "yakis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>When I tried to defragment my C drive (system drive) this morning,
>the defragmentation stayed at 1% and did nothing further. I stopped
>it and retried, same thing happened. Please can some one help me with some
>advice? My OS is Win Xp Pro SP1. NAV 2005.
>Thank a lot
>yakis

let it run , the first 10% take the longest

safe mode defragment stevenM Computer Support 11 02-23-2006 02:19 AM
Defragment Harry Computer Support 3 03-23-2005 05:52 PM
defragment boysey5 Computer Support 1 10-12-2004 03:10 PM
Help! Can't defragment W2K Pro - Get 'server busy' message Phin Computer Support 5 09-28-2004 07:37 AM
Windows XP and files that didn't defragment.... Hell Billy Computer Support 2 10-13-2003 03:13 AM

Advertisments