Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I open Calculator maximized?

How do I open Calculator maximized?

crb

XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.

I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
it diverts back to the basic calculator.

How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that way?

Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.

Duane ;-\)

"crb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
>
> I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
> it diverts back to the basic calculator.
>
> How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that
> way?

I just did on my XP pro machine and have no problems in this area.

Duane
..

John Holmes

crb <(E-Mail Removed)> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
>
> I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
> it diverts back to the basic calculator.
>
> How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay
> that way?
>
> Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.

Start>run>calc
click view> scientific
Close the program by clicking the X in the up right corner

Start>run>calc gives me the scientific view now.

--
Your mother was an aged prostitute who used to make silly armpit noises
at the local Fire Station.

Evan Platt

On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:28:57 -0700, crb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
>
>I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
>it diverts back to the basic calculator.
>
>How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that way?
>
>Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.

I'm not sure but that may require a write to the registry. Do you have
admin rights on that machine?

pcbutts1

I have a program that will do it. Get it here
http://www.pcbutts1.com/Bcalc.zip

"crb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
>
> I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
> it diverts back to the basic calculator.
>
> How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that
> way?
>
> Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.

Stephen Harris

"crb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
>
> I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
> it diverts back to the basic calculator.
>
> How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that
> way?
>
> Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.

Click on "View" at top of window. Left-click the mouse on scientific.
Close with Red X. You can put a calculator icon on your desktop.

Start-->ALL Programs-->Accessories-->right-click on calc
An option that appears in the middle of
that dropdown list is "create shortcut"
Left-click on create shortcut and drag the calc (2) icon to the desktop.

crb

Evan Platt wrote:

>On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:28:57 -0700, crb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
>>
>>I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
>>it diverts back to the basic calculator.
>>
>>How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that way?
>>
>>Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.
>>

>I'm not sure but that may require a write to the registry. Do you have
>admin rights on that machine?

I think that is what it is. No admin rights at work. I also had the
problem of not
being able to change to computer clock to a particular time zone which
probably
also is a write to the registry.

thanks

calculator makko Perl 2 03-01-2005 06:06 AM
Re: distance calculator =?Utf-8?B?bWFoc2E=?= ASP .Net 3 06-05-2004 09:31 PM
URGENT Help With Scientific Calculator! Maria Laura Re Java 4 12-14-2003 05:59 AM
bandwidth usage calculator Sai Cisco 5 11-07-2003 08:18 PM

Advertisments