Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ol' gringo...i need yer help...

ol' gringo...i need yer help...

Douglas D. Anderson

i have a file of text that is in .jpg format...
rather than copying this info (visual basic??)
i would like to convert this information to
readable and processable text...

can you help??...

and if anyone of you hyaenas 'dis' me then you
are truely l'ill billy gates concubine.

peace...smoke'em if ya got'em...SIR!!...

dadiOH

Douglas D. Anderson wrote:
> i have a file of text that is in .jpg format...
> rather than copying this info (visual basic??)
> i would like to convert this information to
> readable and processable text...

You need an OCR program - Optical Character Recognition

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Old Gringo

Douglas D. Anderson wrote:
> i have a file of text that is in .jpg format...
> rather than copying this info (visual basic??)
> i would like to convert this information to
> readable and processable text...
>
> can you help??...
>
> and if anyone of you hyaenas 'dis' me then you
> are truely l'ill billy gates concubine.
>
> peace...smoke'em if ya got'em...SIR!!...

Best I can do:
http://www.webteacher.org/winexp/images/conversion.html

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

old jon

Your file (.jpg) is a picture format, not text. You could import the pic
into Word then rewrite the text, and delete the pic. The other option is to
scan the pic thro` OCR software as you have already been told.
best wishes..J