Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What percentage of the PC using population use Windows 98?

What percentage of the PC using population use Windows 98?

Oldus Fartus

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Mine (and I don't use XP) is 18" x 16" x 8" (46cm x 41cm x 20cm).
>
> How big is yours?

Is that with or without the vent in the dent of the stent?

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

gangle

"News" wrote
> Hi its been about 3/4 months since I've migrated from wndws 98SE, and I just
> wondered what percentage approximately still use 98SE?
>
> Any thoughts?

98SE is H O T !!!
XP is for derelicts and goomers.

Typical 98SE user:
http://tinyurl.com/2pzej

Typical XP user:
http://tinyurl.com/83yc8

Blinky the Shark

Oldus Fartus wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> Mine (and I don't use XP) is 18" x 16" x 8" (46cm x 41cm x 20cm).

>> How big is yours?

> Is that with or without the vent in the dent of the stent?

That's on a cable; it doesn't count. I simply have a ten-gallon
computer. Sounds Texan.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Pat

On Fri, 27 May 2005 02:54:05 +0100, "News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi its been about 3/4 months since I've migrated from wndws 98SE, and I just
>wondered what percentage approximately still use 98SE?
>
>Any thoughts?

W98 1st ed here. I ran 3.1 until 1998 finally going to 98. I really don't
want to change. Eventually, I'll want SW that won't run on 98 then I'll make
the change. I still use a lot of DOS programs and I'm not sure XP and later
Windows OS's will support them. I guess I'll dual boot when the time comes.
I dread it.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://127.0.0.1:1025/clear.cgi? one of your own

--
http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,67594,00.html

Oldus Fartus

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Oldus Fartus wrote:
>

>>Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>>Mine (and I don't use XP) is 18" x 16" x 8" (46cm x 41cm x 20cm).

>>>How big is yours?

>>Is that with or without the vent in the dent of the stent?

> That's on a cable; it doesn't count. I simply have a ten-gallon
> computer. Sounds Texan.

Why not call it 37,720cc - sounds bigger, and much more impressive.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Blinky the Shark

Oldus Fartus wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Oldus Fartus wrote:

>>>Is that with or without the vent in the dent of the stent?

>> That's on a cable; it doesn't count. I simply have a ten-gallon
>> computer. Sounds Texan.

> Why not call it 37,720cc - sounds bigger, and much more impressive.

Thinking along those lines, I did rather like the 38-litre figure. I
also published. That's 19 x my car engine.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

joevan

On Fri, 27 May 2005 02:39:58 GMT, Old Gringo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Not sure about what will work on Win95 anymore but I know I am
>running out of choices. Going to try and make it another year until
>Longhorn comes out.
>
>--
>Old Gringo George
>Magic Weaver Of Life
>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

If you lived a bit closer to Phila. I could give you my beta Longhorn
disk. Once set up it expires in 180 days but you could check it out in
that time. LOL
I guess that is kind of useless, but I mean what worth much is Msoft
going to give away?

and for the same reason."

Old Gringo

joevan wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 02:39:58 GMT, Old Gringo
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Not sure about what will work on Win95 anymore but I know I am
>>running out of choices. Going to try and make it another year until
>>Longhorn comes out.
>>
>>--
>>Old Gringo George
>>Magic Weaver Of Life
>>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

> If you lived a bit closer to Phila. I could give you my beta Longhorn
> disk. Once set up it expires in 180 days but you could check it out in
> that time. LOL
> I guess that is kind of useless, but I mean what worth much is Msoft
> going to give away?

Wow, I had no idea they were that close. What do you think of it?

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

elaich

"News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:d75ujp$26s$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi its been about 3/4 months since I've migrated from wndws 98SE, and
> I just wondered what percentage approximately still use 98SE?

I used ME for 5 years and migrated to 2000. 98SE is a slow, stupid OS.
Tweak ME to get around a few issues and it'll blow 98's doors off.

I mainly switched to 2000 because more and more software these days is not
supporting Windows 9x. 2000 is fast and stable and does not phone home like
XP does.

--
"No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
want to know is - why not?"