Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I/O conflict

I/O conflict

jl

using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o ports
2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I fix this
conflict, what is this conflict

Paul Cuffe

Sounds like a program with com port 2, do you have a modem installed or
something like that?

Paul.
"jl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsomle.26253$(E-Mail Removed)...
> using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o ports
> 2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I fix this
> conflict, what is this conflict

John Holmes

"Paul Cuffe" <(E-Mail Removed)> blabbered in
24hoursupport.helpdesk:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You ****.

--
Your mother was a lice-infested compulsive liar who ran a flea-circus in
the gutter.

Paul Cuffe

What is your problem? the IO ports 2f8 is a normal com port

p.
"John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Paul Cuffe" <(E-Mail Removed)> blabbered in
> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> Sounds like a program with com port 2, do you have a modem installed
>> or something like that?

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You ****.
>>
>> Paul.
>> "jl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsomle.26253$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o
>>> ports 2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I
>>> fix this conflict, what is this conflict
>>>

> --
> Your mother was a lice-infested compulsive liar who ran a flea-circus in
> the gutter.

Walter Mautner

jl wrote:

> using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o ports
> 2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I fix this
> conflict, what is this conflict

You may want to change the ioport for (one of) your serial device(s) in
bios, or disable it if not needed.
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

John Holmes

"Paul Cuffe" <(E-Mail Removed)> blabbered in
24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> p.
> "John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Paul Cuffe" <(E-Mail Removed)> blabbered in
>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> Sounds like a program with com port 2, do you have a modem installed
>>> or something like that?

>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You ****.
>>>
>>> Paul.
>>> "jl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> newsomle.26253$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>

>> --
>> Your mother was a lice-infested compulsive liar who ran a flea-circus

in
>> the gutter.

<top-posting corrected>

> What is your problem? the IO ports 2f8 is a normal com port

You're the one having problems. You said, and I quote: "Sounds like a
program with com port 2" and the OP is referring to a BIOS error message.

--
Your mother was a quarrelsome lunch room attendant who ran a bogus
university in a small tent.

Paul Cuffe

a bios setup problem, you can setup the ports in bios, and if you miss-set
them, or if a modem ect auto-sets itself to something that is already setup
on bios, then you will get a error message like this,

Paul.
"John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Paul Cuffe" <(E-Mail Removed)> blabbered in
> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>

>> p.
>> "John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Paul Cuffe" <(E-Mail Removed)> blabbered in
>>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You ****.

>>> --
>>> Your mother was a lice-infested compulsive liar who ran a flea-circus

> in
>>> the gutter.
>>>

> <top-posting corrected>
>
>> What is your problem? the IO ports 2f8 is a normal com port

> You're the one having problems. You said, and I quote: "Sounds like a
> program with com port 2" and the OP is referring to a BIOS error message.
>

> --
> Your mother was a quarrelsome lunch room attendant who ran a bogus
> university in a small tent.

Plato

jl wrote:

> using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o ports
> 2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I fix this
> conflict, what is this conflict

2F8 is a serial port address for generally com2. In other words, if you
have a hardware modem set with jumbers to com2 and com2 is also enabled
in the bios you may see that message as 2 devices are trying to use 2F8.

A power surge may have set your bios to defaults. See if Serial 2/ com2
is Enabled in the bios. One may disable it there, which disables any
device connected to the com2 port on the back of your pc, if any.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/