Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installed Programms

Installed Programms

Norman White

I need to print list of all the programmes installed on my computer.
Can anyone tell me if I can do it on the list provided on the "All
Programmes" listing
or from the Control Panel "Add/Remove Programme List

Thanks

Norman

Duane ;-\)

"Norman White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cUjle.1245$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to print list of all the programmes installed on my computer.
> Can anyone tell me if I can do it on the list provided on the "All
> Programmes" listing
> or from the Control Panel "Add/Remove Programme List

Yeah, you push the Print Screen key that captures the screen image. And then
you start MS Paint and past the captured screen image into the MS Paint
(paint pane) and you print the captured screen image.

Duane

Gordon

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:09:28 +0000, Norman White wrote:

> I need to print list of all the programmes installed on my computer.
> Can anyone tell me if I can do it on the list provided on the "All
> Programmes" listing
> or from the Control Panel "Add/Remove Programme List
>
> Thanks
>
> Norman

This will do what you want (and much more!)

Registered Linux User no 240308
Fedora Core 3 and Open Office
Was Windows XP SP2 and Office 2003
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

why?

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:09:28 GMT, Norman White wrote:

>I need to print list of all the programmes installed on my computer.
>Can anyone tell me if I can do it on the list provided on the "All
>Programmes" listing
>or from the Control Panel "Add/Remove Programme List

Most app names can be found in the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall

This won't cover everything, or at least for me as I have many utilities
that don't need installed.

After a bit of Google ,

You could install Borland Delphi and use this mini app,
http://delphi.about.com/cs/adptips20...ltip1202_3.htm

Then any of the often mentioned auditing tools, like Sandra , Everest,
Belarc all good but don't do everything. It's worth running a few of not
all of these.

MS also have some auditing tools IIRC.

Me